Ice Sculpture Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Oh dear, please can someone help me?? I have had a phone call from a lady who says she would like some ice scuplture nails???

First of all i thought she said bio sculpture but she was most insistant. I have no idea what she wanted, i asked herr to describe them, they sound like normal gel nails and I do gel nails as well as acrylic so thats not a problem, BUT i dont want her to be dissatisfied with the end result.

Can anyone help?

tigi

Can you ask her to bring some pics to show you? Maybe she could get them off google if she hasn`t got any. Maybe some one knows what they are.
Good luck.

I suspect she's heard of nails called 'sculpted' or 'sculptured' put two and two together and assumed they are called 'ice sculptured' - possibly she's seen clear sculpted ones which I suppose do look like ice :lol:

I've never heard of them and I've been here nearly 5 years, unless she can bring in a picture or tell you where she saw them being done, you're going to have to talk to her face to face and try to work it out :irked:

thanks ladies

At least I am not going a bit crazy then! I have told her honestly that i have not heard of this before and cant find out any information. i have texted her pictures of my work and also offered to do a nail in gel for her for free so that she can decide if that is the treatment she wants. she seems keen and ill let you know if can get to the bottom of this!

thank you again

tigi

I miss read to start with and thought you typed 'nice' rather than ice, could this just be a miss understanding and you miss heard her? :hug:

sadly not min. I checked with her when she said it and asked her to clarify. I have even asked her if she knew where the ones she had seen were from, but she doesnt. Its a bit of mystery but she is coming by on friday and I am going to do a gel nail for her to see if thats what she saw.... Its never simple is it! lol.

tigi

How did she describe what she saw?

I just gotta say, some clients drive me barking mad! Why are they so insistant that they have something specific, but cannot tell you what the heck it is or what it looks like?

I think she wants a sculptured nail in clear with ice mylar enbeded.

Tricia

was just gonna suggest the ice mylar...lol,...beat me to it......i did these on myself last night...may be that is what she is after
sian1979-albums-nail+pics-picture10301-004.jpg

she came round, she wants a gel overlay! apparently her old tech called it ice sculpting............ lol................ oh well i got to the bottom of it in the end. I love love love the pics by the way! they are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please will you tell me how you did them? I want some!!

she came round, she wants a gel overlay! apparently her old tech called it ice sculpting............ lol................ oh well i got to the bottom of it in the end. I love love love the pics by the way! they are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please will you tell me how you did them? I want some!!

i did the free edge with clear liquid and powder with mylar flakes then i topped with a thin layer of ezflows borrowed ice then on the nail bed it has been extended with a custom blend and topped with twilight nights.
thank you xx
Cant believe she only wanted a gel overlay...never heard of it refered to that before..oh well...the guessing was fun!

How much did she pay for her 'ice sculpting'. Maybe a fancy term to get the client to pay more because they think it's a better service.

Latest posts

Back