Ice white Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halafihi101

Reaction score
Hello! Just after abit of toner help..
I’ve been bleaching my boyfriends hair in lockdown, his hair lifts to an level 10 and he likes it ice white so I’ve been using CT 10/6

when I give him a fresh toner every week it goes a nice white colour
But when I tone it after a full head of bleach it literally goes bright purple! (I do use seal and care)

I know 6 is violet but does anyone know how to stop this? Tonight I did 10/6 with 10/0 and a tiny bit of 10/81 and it’s still purple lol!

any other toner recommendations?
thanks

Hello! Just after abit of toner help..
I’ve been bleaching my boyfriends hair in lockdown, his hair lifts to an level 10 and he likes it ice white so I’ve been using CT 10/6

when I give him a fresh toner every week it goes a nice white colour
But when I tone it after a full head of bleach it literally goes bright purple! (I do use seal and care)

I know 6 is violet but does anyone know how to stop this? Tonight I did 10/6 with 10/0 and a tiny bit of 10/81 and it’s still purple lol!

any other toner recommendations?
thanks
When you shampoo the bleach off are you using conditioner to help stop the oxidisation of the bleach before applying the toner?

When you shampoo the bleach off are you using conditioner to help stop the oxidisation of the bleach before applying the toner?

No I don’t use a conditioner I do 2 shampoos and then blondor seal and care and then rinse that off and then toner..
I did think seal and care stopped oxidisation? :D

No I don’t use a conditioner I do 2 shampoos and then blondor seal and care and then rinse that off and then toner..
I did think seal and care stopped oxidisation? :D
Sorry I miss read, I thought you said you didn't use it, my bad
The only other thing I can think of is that the hair is already being lifted to white, and there's hardly any yellow for the 10/6 to counteract, hence the hair reflecting so much of the violet tone. Try equal amounts of 10/6 +10/0 next time?
Also to save you toning it every week, could he not use something like the fanola or IQ silver shampoo?

I agree with @ronray regarding not needing so much violet in your toner.
Maybe just use a purple shampoo next time as that will tone out the tiny bit of yellow but shouldn’t be strong enough to turn it purple, unless you leave it on too long. I often use a Violet/purple direct dye mixed with a basic white conditioner for toning when I’ve gone ice white.

Latest posts

Back