ichthyosis.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooks

Reaction score
hi, help....i have had a client coming to me who has ichthyosis, i have looked it up on the internet and know roughly what it is , but i am in ignorance as to how i can continue offering her gel enhancements as they lift at a tremdous:| (spellings not so good !) speed, she is getting unhappy with me and i have tried different approaches but still to no avail, i am getting more dispondant as the days pass , i feel such a failure, i reaally dont know where else to turn as no one i have spoken to knows what it is, if anyone can shed any pearls of wisdom i would be so greatful. xxxxxxxx snooks, with my head in my hands in dispair !

I feel that you have a very tricky situation there as ichthyosis, In my opinion is a contraindication to nail enhancement. The nails tend to grow much quicker in this disorder then normal nails as it affects keratin in the nails.
My advise would be to perhaps get her to see her gp just to make sure that she should be wearing enhancements.

thank you cos this is how i felt too but she was insistant that she was only a mild sufferer and that i was to blame for the lifting ! i had tried to explain that they may not last but as the customer she said that she had had them before and that they were fine, she knew best ! i will bite the bullet and tell her, thank you very much:D

Don't get down about it, this really isn't your fault, perhaps if she has had them before and they were fine, she should go back to where she got them from. (chances are she is telling a porky pie). Better off without this client if she is not valuing your work or intelligence.

All the best of luck

thank you Gina, i did casually ask where she had them put on before but she couldnt remember ! i will be strong next time she comes in, her last visit was rather intimidating as her partner sat and watched and questioned every move i made !, but you have all jollied me along, thanks again x

Latest posts

Back