I'd like your opinion please........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
I saw a lot of Opi nail polish on ebay and would like to know if Opi has as good a shelf life as Creative does? Your opinion will be very helpful.

meow

I used OPI for seven years in my salon before switching to Creative. It has a very poor shelf life in my opinion ... nothing like Creative. I find they go thick very quickly... they do sell thinners.

I couldn't believe it when I discovered an enamel range that lasted so long ... Creative do not even sell a thinner for their enamels because they really do not go thick.

TY Geeg,

The price asked for is certainly low, but upon reflection I don't really feel like I want to bother testing what amount of thinner I'd have to use to get the right consistency, I already have a top coat from Opi and its VERY thick, so I assume its the same for the nail polish. TY for the advise it is much appreciated.

meow

Well Creative if far superior then OPI in my humble oppinion...........
The choice of colours is amamzing..............
They last, dont go gloopy.....they dry very fast......they are the best.....
Professional polish for pofessional gals and boys..........
10/10 and a brill retail item too...........
just my tuppence worth

I'm in the process of switching over all my polishes from OPI to Creative. I've invested A LOT in OPI but the shelf life is so poor. In fact my British Collection came thick and gloopy. I've tried a lot of Creative products over the last few months and I have to say that I really do think they are superior to OPI.

LuLu

OPI tend to be rather expensive !

Adele 8)

geeg said:
I used OPI for seven years in my salon before switching to Creative. It has a very poor shelf life in my opinion ... nothing like Creative. I find they go thick very quickly... they do sell thinners.

I couldn't believe it when I discovered an enamel range that lasted so long ... Creative do not even sell a thinner for their enamels because they really do not go thick.

I've been with OPI since I started this year and am not impressed with the polishes as they go thick very quickly which is a nightmare when trying to do a French. Although I have spent loads on them I am phoning Creative tomorrow to try their range. I found a list from the Geek of the top 15. Is this still current?
Jackie X

I am quite sure the top 15 list is still current Jackie.

On another note may I just say that in the states OPI is an incredibly popular line because they do a lot of consumer advertising and in the UK they also sell in Boots so the public are more aware of it...kindof like Rimmel or Sally Hansen.
When talking to the general public AND teks themselves however, the same feedback has been said many times - the polish tends to go thick! I guess as a pro I would prefer a line I felt I could rely a little bit more :rolleyes: and that my clients would be happy with - especially at an £8.50 upwards price!!

I'm not a huge enamel user (I airbrush everything these days) but the few enamels I do keep are Creative - I find they have a fantastic shelf life. I have a couple of bottles that are at least five years old, and last time I checked them they were as good as new - must admit I give them a good shake every once in a while. I've not tried OPI so can't compare them with Creative, but have no hesitation in recommending the Creative enamels.

Jackie

www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back