Ideas for retro style nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Wondered if you might be able to help me? I am very excited to be doing some cross promotion with a lady who runs a vintage boutique. We are doing a joint photoshoot in a few weeks and I'd be really grateful for any ideas anyone may have for nail designs with a retro feel.

I'm thinking some dark red and some half moons but really need some ideas on the sort of thing that would work with the 50's/60's/70's/80's style clothing.

thanks in advance

Ooooh almond shaped, pillar box red to match the lipstick :D

Think Dita Von Teese xxxx

Ooooh almond shaped, pillar box red to match the lipstick :D

Think Dita Von Teese xxxx

i done a wildfire shellac last week on a girl but i scooped out the half moons . looked savage. i remembered my aunt told me she used to do them like that 50 years ago.

I was on eBay this morn and found some funky foils. They had all sorts but 1 drew my attention and thought it was rather retro. It was swirly with colours orange, yellow etc. thought I would share. Could u imagine getting dressed up 60's style and having these on your nails. Oooooh I'm gonna have to get some lol :) x

Oooh corsets, polka dots, leopard print, vampish colours, lace.. I love burlesque styles :)

I sometimes get my inspiration from patterns and designs around me.. try look on google.. type in retro 50's 60's patterns etc .. then click on images.. youll get some real funky patterns and colours which express the theme of the shoot perhaps..

look at the itemd around you aswell in the boutique, colours of clothes patterns on pictures etc.. and express that in your nail work..

Sarah xxx

If you want it to be authentic 1950's, yep then then its all about half moons and red, needs to be just plain opaque red no sparkly stuff (I know not fun). But they do look amazing and very fresh. I'm right into this era and always sport pin curls and victory rolls.

Latest posts

Back