Ideas to promote male waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
How do I find men?

No, not just men in general! Male waxing clients :lol:

The gyms around our way are private and either have their own therapist or dont allow advertising. I'm on gumtree and have a website.

I have a couple of loyal regulars but I find men aren't quite as willing to spread the word as females.

Any ideas?

i offer all my FEMAlE clients free mens waxing vouchers or discount voucher for there hubbys or boyfiends to use and try ... offer guys free ear / nostril wax just to
get them in and have a go x

Last edited:
Elaine,
I only offer male waxing and the feedback from clients is that they like evening/afterwork appointments, a flexible booking system with text etc and access to waxing aftercare advice. Often a lot of salons assume that all men know how to maintain their skin and what to apply in terms of aftercare, give good aftercare advice and either retail some basic products and recommend some highstreet options.

Have a male only page /section on your website that lists all the waxing and offer a variety of options, not all men want a full back neck and shoulders so break it down and offer some choices. Give your intimate waxing treatments names or codes.

I have just redone my website and Im going to have a blog page that is just about male waxing aftercare as I get loads of emails from clients asking for aftercare advice, take a look at my male waxing treatment list and see if it helps in anyway Male Grooming studio in London N1- Expert Male Brazilian Waxing and Massage Therapies for Men. Fully insured, Uk Trained and Qualified professional Male Grooming Service. - Home.

Jack

I have a separate page on my website for men and put the waxing on there.
I've also got quite a few clients from advertising here;

Home Page - - waxing4men

I've never advertised so for sure, the best way to get your name out there is to a mens waxing page on your website and make sure that you use words such as Male Waxing (and the main city where you live), Mens Waxing, Male Brazilian, Back, Sac & Crack, Chest, Back etc, etc. Just think of every possible thing that a guy would type in

That way Google will bring you up when guys search for a waxer in their area. HTH's x

Well if you are going to put in everything that a guy would type in, then you had better put 'Where to go to get my balls waxed' :lol:

Well if you are going to put in everything that a guy would type in, then you had better put 'Where to go to get my balls waxed' :lol:
Aaaahahaha! Hilarious! x

Yes you are right! I've been texted things like that!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

So that's where I'm going wrong! Doh!

Seriously though, I have actually made a completely separate website for male waxing and am on Axiom's directory I'm just not getting that much interest :sad:

I did get one phonecall and was asked "Do you do pubic waxing"? I replied, "no, sorry, I don't do intimate waxing at the moment" He replied (bearing in mind I'm in Glasgow so please read this with a broad Glasgow accent:),

"Right, so ye'll no' wax ma wullie then"?

Not really the kind of client I am aiming for but made me smile all the same!

Elaine,

I have just redone my website and Im going to have a blog page that is just about male waxing aftercare as I get loads of emails from clients asking for aftercare advice, take a look at my male waxing treatment list and see if it helps in anyway Male Grooming studio in London N1- Expert Male Brazilian Waxing and Massage Therapies for Men. Fully insured, Uk Trained and Qualified professional Male Grooming Service. - Home.

Jack

I think this particular website of Jack's shows the importance of portraying a high end professional service. The website is slick, clean and very classy with no bling or tackyness.

Men will be drawn by this type of website alone as it 'advertises' it's wares appropriately.

So make sure your marketing is great!

So that's where I'm going wrong! Doh!

Seriously though, I have actually made a completely separate website for male waxing and am on Axiom's directory I'm just not getting that much interest :sad:

I did get one phonecall and was asked "Do you do pubic waxing"? I replied, "no, sorry, I don't do intimate waxing at the moment" He replied (bearing in mind I'm in Glasgow so please read this with a broad Glasgow accent:),

"Right, so ye'll no' wax ma wullie then"?

Not really the kind of client I am aiming for but made me smile all the same!

Haha hilarious!!! Sorry I can't help you with your OP as I'm pretty hopeless with that kind of stuff lol.

Try this approach, you know many ladies under the age of 40 favor intimate grooming with shaving or waxing. So that means there are lots and lots of ladies that are big fans of 'being tidy". Right?
So, i propose that you need to address these ladies about their men as in men like to have their ladies "tidy" so i believe its only proper for these ladies to suggest to their men that a "manscaping" would be highly desirable to said ladies!!!
In other words sell the idea to the ladies and let them convince the guys to come in! The ladies already love it so its an easy sell!!!
I never entertained the idea of waxing for myself until my lady suggested it would be nice for her if i did waxing as well! Now, I'm "well maintained" as is she! haha!
Have fun with it, its not a nasty habit its just an evolutionary step in the personal grooming arena!! :idea:

Latest posts

Back