If Carlsberg wrote books this would probably be the best book in the world

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I recently bought a book called Colour Me Confident by Veronique Henderson and Pat Henshaw.

This is book as been written by the worlds leading image consultancy since 1978.

I now get what Bridget Jones's mum was talking about...'Bridget darling go why don't you go and get your colours done'

anyway since I bought this book i have learnt so much about which colours really make my skin glow and which don't and boy was I wearing colours that really did nothing for my colouring.

At £14.99 this is one of the best buys of my life but having said that it is also one of the most expensive as its costing me a blumin fortune as now I only try clothes on that low and behold suit me LOL

I just had to share this with you all as i really really can't tell you how much confident it has made me feel.

i was gonna do a course on colour therapy once but decided i couldnt get my head round it :lol: , see i think the idea is brill but i just cant do what they tell me , like they say for fair hair/pale skin wear blue eyeshadow !! i mean cmon i havent worn blue eyeshadow since i was 14 , and have it in my head i will be walking round while people laff and think i am nuts :lol:
might get this book though it sounds like it might be easier to understand than what i have read before :green:

might get this book though it sounds like it might be easier to understand than what i have read before :green:

its only £4.99 in WH Smiths in the sale at the moment - it's a blooming bargain.:green: (PS i've not got shares in the publishing house - honest)

I recall someone years ago telling me they got their colours done in an expensive shop... it does sound interesting but then I just love black!!

until i lose more weight, i will still only wear black rofl, but at a pamper evening at school a year ago one of the mums who does colour therapy was very popular doing short 10 min sessions, and a few of the mums said it did revolutionalise (sp) their shopping , because they only tried stuff on which was 'their colour' lol, so hope it works for you hun

nicky xx

until i lose more weight, i will still only wear black rofl, but at a pamper evening at school a year ago one of the mums who does colour therapy was very popular doing short 10 min sessions, and a few of the mums said it did revolutionalise (sp) their shopping , because they only tried stuff on which was 'their colour' lol, so hope it works for you hun

nicky xx

Oh it does you wouldn't beleive how many complients i have started receiving since i tried this technique i.e. wearing colours that don't drain me

i'm still a size 16 so my confidence has risen which i've found has encourges me to lose me weight:green:

thanks for the well wishes as it is and I really wanted to share it with others even if it helped just one person i hope its worth while :hug: :hug:

must give this a try, I always seem to stick to the same colours.

I mainly wear black, when I don't people ask me where I'm going and what am I doing:lol:

I was lucky enough to win a competition and the prize was getting my colours done, I went to this lovely lady in Southampton and had a great time. I had to remove all my make-up :eek: :eek: and she then draped swatches of coloured fabric over my shoulders and it was wonderful to see how some colours made the skin come alive and others killed it stone dead.

I came away with a little book with about 30 colours in and it has been so helpful I cannot say! It makes shopping so much easier, I just ignore whole sections in shops now if they are not in my colours. I have the confidence to choose colours that suit me. My tones are Warm, Dark and Muted. If you ever get the chance to go on a day like this, do, it will change the way you dress and the way you shop for ever. :)

I am guessing this book is along similar lines. Fantastic stuff!

Latest posts

Back