If it doesn't work the first time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucindatracey

Reaction score
A lot of people say to me about relationships that if it "doesn't work the first time it will never work" So what's your opinions on this people??

Completely agree through personal experience (twice) x

It depends on the situation of why the people have split the first time, however generally I'd agree, there's a reason why people split up

I feel like unless the issue that causes the split has completely disappeared there will always be that disfunction in the relationship.

9 times out of 10 that same problem with come back at some stage

x

I've always been an advocate that yes if it doesn't work the first, it won't in the future. That said, and I'm eating my own words here, it very much depends on the circumstances. My partner and I split up when our son was only 5 months old, we lived apart for just under two years, but for us we just needed the space and time away from one another to see the wood for the trees as we'd started going out with each other, within six months I moved in with him and at 7 months found out we were pregnant! We split amicably and we both wanted to split from one another, which I think played a huge part in our recovery. At first my partner would come and pick our son up and they would go out for the day, however slowly but surely we started to go out as a family and himself and I gradually realised there was something still there, which we worked on and eventually moved back into together in 2007. We got married last year, neither of us regret the split, in fact it is actually what saved us to be honest. We grew up, matured and worked at our relationship.

So in answer to your question honey, I think it very much depends on why you split, how much you are both willing to put in to make it work and to keep it up and whether you both feel the other one is worth it. xxx

I feel like unless the issue that causes the split has completely disappeared there will always be that disfunction in the relationship.

9 times out of 10 that same problem with come back at some stage

x

I totally agree with this.

I agree with happyfeet. I was dating someone in 06, got back together in 08 and got married this year and have a little boy. I think it really depends on why you split up x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Once upon a time I would of said yes completely but I don't think that anymore. Me and my OH split for a few month a few years back and we thought it was dead in the water but I held on and kept on trying and it paid off we got back together gave it another try and years down the line were fine better than we were before we split. Different circumstances as different people not everything is the same for everyone xx

I think it really does depend on the people, the reason and where they are in their lives as to if it works or not. Its totally different for every person.

Me and my husband nearly broke up when we first started dating as I fell pregnant (it was deffo his baby) we both wanted to keep i but my mum thought it was best that we got rid of it then he changed his mind and pressured me into getting rid of it which I did. I absolutely hated him cause it felt like he wasn't supporting me and was against me, I totally wanted to just leave but I knew it would all blow over and things would straighten out. We talked a lot and sorted it out.

Talking is the key!! Don't lock it up!!!!!
Leanne
X

Latest posts

Back