If NO salon, how many sets do U do a week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi
I am part time mobile & really have only started marketing heavily in last 4 months (down to lack of confidence)...but i'm still at 1 hour 50 to 2 hours, but do a good set of nails (sorry i ramble)

So I was wondering how many sets you do in a week?

Mine varies from 3 to 5 tops but I get a lot of one off's (v frustrating) which I am sure is not because of my ability or service provided, I am just new to trade and I know it takes time to build up, so how do you do...

What marketing strategy are you using?

I don't do many new sets...I do mostly rebalances (forever french) about 20 a week (it takes me 1:20 min).
I have been doing this for about 8 years :)

Do mostly rebalances averaging 30-35 clients per week, average time taken is 1.5 hrs, except my clients with big nails beds these take me 2 hrs.

Wow Julie that is a lot - is that just you personally or the salon as a whole.

I am also new at this and do about 3 sets a week with 2-3 infills as well. Mine has nearly always been word of mouth or i just give out business cards or price lists when i go anywhere new with my mates. It works for me as i have a 3 yr old so can work around her.

me personally, my other tech does 12-15 but she does 3 days a week, I do 6 days a week.

charlies said:
What marketing strategy are you using?
I wouldnt quite say I have a full on marketing plan/strategy, but I work for recommendations mainly, secondly leaflet drops within a 3-4 mile radius, and in September the yellow pages - what do you do?

I dont have very many cleintell, I would love to be able to build up to a high amount, I am advertising in the wedding Journal this month, other then that I have an advert on my car, and then business cards where I stick everwhere, I only do about one a week if even, so i am just praying that this will lift the margen, if I could get three to four a week i would be very very happy, i could only imagine what it would be like to do 15 a week - Heaven, I could give up working in a office and have a dream job (as a techi)

well one can dream:eek:

i advertise in my local paper in health and beauty column, i do acrylic gel and wraps as well as manicues, i think you have to gain confidence over time ,drop off leaflets at hairdressers sunbed shops,etc but i have only done this sine i have got confident, probably 100 sets. sometimes i only do 1 set a week sometimes 7-8, all depending what time a year run up 2 xmas, summer hols, and spring weddings.its word of mouth if u offer a good service people will tell their friends, takes time good luck!

Well, when I first started off 7 years ago I really didn't do many. But now I have clients every hour. So if I work 30 hours a week then I'll average about 30 clients and some may be new sets or refills. So if you are barely starting out it's tough in the beginning. The thing that helps me out more is that I work at a full service salon where we do haircuts, highlights, perms, waxing and so if someone comes in for a haircut and they see that we also do nails then that's a new clients right there. I find that people like to go to one place to get all there beauty needs. You say that you are mobile right, so I guess that means you do not work at any particular salon. Maybe you can team up with a hair dresser one that does not do nails and if one of her hair clients need there nails done she can recommend them to you and vice versa your nail clients can be referred to her for there hair. But all in all, building your clientle takes time and the best form of advertisement is word of mouth. So keep up to date with the latest trends and contiune your education and good luck!

Nidia

ns21 said:
. You say that you are mobile right, so I guess that means you do not work at any particular salon. Maybe you can team up with a hair dresser one that does not do nails and if one of her hair clients need there nails done she can recommend them to you and vice versa your nail clients can be referred to her for there hair.

Nidia
I thought about this some time ago and went to three local girls how are sole traders with a little salon and enquired about renting a chair - non were interested and even offered to do their nails for free in the packaging - thought it would be good marketing...maybe I should ask them again as 6 months has passed since then? Thanks for your advise...

When I was looking for somewhere to rent a space I wrote a standard letter to lots of hairdressers in the area that didn't offer nails and who were in a good area for passing trade. I sent about 25-30 letters and had about 7 responses !!!
I now work 3 days a week in a fab little salon and I'm gradually building up my client base. I do the stylists nails with nail art or extensions if they want them and I get great discounts on my hair cuts and colours !!! I've put my nail art in the window and i get loads of enquiries just from this.
I've been really lucky cos the owner also has 2 other salons in the area (10 mile radius I would say) and I advertise at all 3 and if required can work from any of the 3 salons when necessary.
I love my job now and every week cant wait for Thursdays to arrive !!!!

i would go ask the salon owners again, i live in a small town and we have about 20 hairdressers and i think only 2 of them dont do nails, hence why i work from home and dont have a shop, i am sure the salon owners would be interested ,they would be daft not to,good luck love dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back