If you could....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's not just a trainee thing then??? :eek:
It's going to keep on happening... double???????? and double :eek::eek:

Nope not just a trainee thing, my Slayer buddy Grafxgal is the next Slayer in a Buffy The Vampire Slayer stylee doncha know :lol:

Seriously, before I get told off for not putting this in a private message - my other piece of advice would be to take care of your brush, it's your main tool of your trade, and they cost a lot of money (see, I can do wise and educational too)

Nope not just a trainee thing, my Slayer buddy Grafxgal is the next Slayer in a Buffy The Vampire Slayer stylee doncha know :lol:

Seriously, before I get told off for not putting this in a private message - my other piece of advice would be to take care of your brush, it's your main tool of your trade, and they cost a lot of money (see, I can do wise and educational too)

LOL....see thats what I was trying to say...and in my habit of not saying so I got lost along the way!!!!

I second what you said...look after your brush!!!! :lol:

Oooops I already have pink and silver ones of them - and probably black ones too lol MY excuse for that is that my hubby ALWAYS steals anything remotely tool like that I have so he can use it for his DIY lol

I hate that...I thought I was going to pass out when my son, aged 7, told me that Daddy had cut the guinea pigs claws with my 'silver things that cut the big nails'....:eek: He couldn't understand what the problem was...'sure they cut nails, don't they?':rolleyes:

I get it all the time Sarah - the best was when hubby decided my brand new £40 dressmaking scissors would be an ideal implement to cut his wires whilst putting the electrics in for outside!!!

Needless to say, they were replaced the same day after much screaming and moaning from me hahaha

Have to admit though, I steal his tools for my corsetry - pliers for crimping the boning caps, his welding cutters for cutting the steel boning to size and so on hehe

If you could offer only 1 piece of advice to a trainee tech, what would it be and why?

Thought this would maybe help to compile a list of key factors to think about for the trainees of the board :D ( including me lol)

The best piece of advice I think I could ever give a new tech is to do your research. Don't take your educators word as the gospel truth - look it up for yourself and make sure you are informed. Never, ever stop learning and always strive to be better.

I have loads of stuff collecting dust and taking up space that I've never used, including a £250 airbrush kit, and about 4 drawers of nail art stuff I never use.

I am like a child in a candy-store when I go shopping for nail art and design stuff – The effective way to control your expenses is to have a pre-determined limited amount of cash on you as long as you don’t use a credit card of course.

And personally I wouldn’t again buy nail-varnish in too many different colours. I did that only to see many of them dry up without ever being used. My experience tells me that a few basic colours will do very well – red, white, black (I opt for very dark brown), a couple of pink and beige shades.

I think the best advice I can offer is to always strive to be the very best you can and ALWAYS be utterly professional.

Nothing screams "Find a different tech" more than cut price, quickie training, cheap products and make-shift tools from non professional sources. Buy professionally and charge accordingly and your business will be bigger and better in the long term. If you use a fence sprayer and shower curtain for spray tanning, or an ebay mish mash of dodgy brushes and non standard or branded products for nails then expect your customers to suss eventually and they whilst your profits may be ever so slightly higher in the early days, you'll not have a long term business to even count.

It is actually 17 times as hard to regain a lost customer than it was to win them in the first place....so don't lose them!

Don't take Criticism to heart. Turn it into a postive and learn from it. Also learn from your mistakes. As I our whole life is a learning curve x
Posted via Mobile Device

I second everything witch has been said but I will add another one too.

Don't look at this as your hobby!

Latest posts

Back