If you don't ask you don't get ,so ........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
How many of you have a read a filled in profile and are still unsure whether or not that person is in training,trained or not trained at all ?

Has it lead to confusion when offering a reply ?

Would you reply differently to someone with no training,than to someone you think has had / or is in training ?

I have noticed on many occasion it's not until page 2 or 3 it comes the light that the thread starter is not in training iykwim.

Now i know the boss is reall busy :wink2: and has made some fab changes of late,but :eek: maybe an option to tick for not trained,training and trained would be really useful when reply to folks.

Like i said if you don't ask you don't get,what do you think geeks,would it benefit or am i peeing in the wind :lol: ?

Thanks all x

Me I did it just last night ,
gave some information to a geek , then found out they were not yet qualified , :o

I agree that having something somewhere to say whether to person is trained or in training would be a big help, as at times you just cant tell from looking at the info provided.

I think it is a good idea, you can say you have been doing nails for two years but it doesnt mean that you have trained. It would be good if a little box could be added that asked us to tick if we were a trained professional or if we were a student or someone just passing their time, so to speak.
xxxx

I defiantly answer questions differently for people who are trained.
It would be good to have something to let you know they are trained as I have found sometimes if you reply asking for some more information about themselves they can get a bit snippy:eek:

yes this would be a help, I've often replied with out checking someones profile and feel a wally when it turns out the aren't trained OR are more qualified than me, also not everyone keeps there profile up to date.
but I guess anyone could SAY they are.

good thinking batman - but people could get still round it by lying!! xx

good thinking batman - but people could get still round it by lying!! xx

they could but i don't see where its going to get them...without training all the will in the world together with reading on here ain't going to make you a good nail technician....

if you don't want to be professionally trained to do nails then you are not serious about being a nail tech.

I think it's a good idea too.

The more we know, the more we can help the individual.

Teri x:hug:

they could but i don't see where its going to get them...without training all the will in the world together with reading on here ain't going to make you a good nail technician....

if you don't want to be professionally trained to do nails then you are not serious about being a nail tech.

Exactly Angie. :Grope:

I also think if they were showing as trained for example it would become apparant they were not.

Oooo we are a mis trusting bunch today :D :lol: :D

I think it's a good idea too.

The more we know, the more we can help the individual.

Teri x:hug:

Me too, great idea. I agree with Becki and Angie that it is quite often very obvious if someone has been trained or not by the questions asked. How many times have you read a post, thought 'I don't think they've had any training' and looked at the profile to find out you were right?

Me too, great idea. I agree with Becki and Angie that it is quite often very obvious if someone has been trained or not by the questions asked. How many times have you read a post, thought 'I don't think they've had any training' and looked at the profile to find out you were right?

Yes but how many times have you had to ask if someone has had training before you answer a question ???

Fair enough,it tends to only apply to newer members,but i rarely answer without looking at the profile,often they don't state wheter or not they are trained.

Yes but how many times have you had to ask if someone has had training before you answer a question ???

Fair enough,it tends to only apply to newer members,but i rarely answer without looking at the profile,often they don't state wheter or not they are trained.

Very true, didn't think of that (need more tea to get the old brain working):o.

Aw hun :hug: get the kettle on :lol:

What i mean is that what we do not see initially will eventually become apparent,but if we could see it straight away it would make a difference in the way we reply ie technical advise and terminology ,well it would for me anyway xxx

I see what you mean now.

What does iykwim mean?! :o

If You Know What I Mean,HTH'S hun xx

Am i not making sense ? For a change :lol:

If You Know What I Mean,HTH'S hun xx

Am i not making sense ? For a change :lol:

Haha, thank you both of you. Sometimes I can work them out but this one's been bothering me for weeks! x x x

How many of you have a read a filled in profile and are still unsure whether or not that person is in training,trained or not trained at all ?

Has it lead to confusion when offering a reply ?

Would you reply differently to someone with no training,than to someone you think has had / or is in training ?

I have noticed on many occasion it's not until page 2 or 3 it comes the light that the thread starter is not in training iykwim.

Now i know the boss is reall busy :wink2: and has made some fab changes of late,but :eek: maybe an option to tick for not trained,training and trained would be really useful when reply to folks.

Like i said if you don't ask you don't get,what do you think geeks,would it benefit or am i peeing in the wind :lol: ?

Thanks all x

I thought that the yellow H and N helped a little with this problem.. however, I suppose that people can put what they want... irrespective of being qualified or not.

I just presumed that people on here with a yellow sign... had qualified.

Latest posts

Back