Igora Fashion lights - developer help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane griffiths

Reaction score
Hello All

I have a client who has pretty dark Asian hair (level 2) there's a bit of prexisting colour on the ends.

I picked up the igora fashion lights in /89, to do a red belayage. The only issue I'm having is that my local Sally's is out of the dedicated 40 vol Igora Oil developer and it's no longer sold on the Salon services website.

Does anyone know if a different 40 volume developer would work? I normally stick to dedicated developers, so unsure.

Many thanks!

Capital has it in stock for next day delivery.

https://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.../schwarzkopf-igora-developer-1-litre-40vol-12
Ordinarily, I’d say you could use other brand developers at a push but because they’re not formulated together, they tend not to develop as fully or last as long.

However, you’ve mentioned it’s an oil based tint/developer? If that’s the case, you must use another oil based developer.

I remember when Matrix brought out their oil based tints, you couldn’t use their normal developers with them as they’re water based. I attended a training session and they demonstrated by mixing tint with the different developers and the water based ones were a disaster and the product completely unusable.

Capital has it in stock for next day delivery.

https://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.../schwarzkopf-igora-developer-1-litre-40vol-12
Ordinarily, I’d say you could use other brand developers at a push but because they’re not formulated together, they tend not to develop as fully or last as long.

However, you’ve mentioned it’s an oil based tint/developer? If that’s the case, you must use another oil based developer.

I remember when Matrix brought out their oil based tints, you couldn’t use their normal developers with them as they’re water based. I attended a training session and they demonstrated by mixing tint with the different developers and the water based ones were a disaster and the product completely unusable.
Many thanks! Completely forgot to check capital!

I can guarantee I won't be using any regular developer now!

Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Back