Igora Royal silvers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJH93

Reaction score
Hello :)
I have a client who I have gradually managed to lighten from a "bronde box job" to platinum white. This was to achieve a grey silver ombre.
My question is about the Igora Royal Absolutes Silverwhite range. I was thinking of using the slate grey and the dove grey. I know the technique I want to use. I just wondered if anyone had used them as I'm new to Schwarzkopf and I'm a little nervous! Such as what peroxide to use, how long to leave them on.. I've also heard some people say they have a green tinge?
Any advice, tips of help appreciated!

I've also read that the slate grey goes very dark?

I have used the dove grey and silver lilac, I loved the result, no green tinge. I was told the slate grey went too dark also so went with dove grey that was pretty dark so glad I didn't go for the slate. I followed the instructions and used the 3% xx

Slate grey is black! [emoji23]

I have used the dove grey and silver lilac, I loved the result, no green tinge. I was told the slate grey went too dark also so went with dove grey that was pretty dark so glad I didn't go for the slate. I followed the instructions and used the 3% xx

Ahh lovely thank you so much, did you leave it to develop for the full development time or just watch it? I think I'll change the slate grey for the silver then! Do you think I could put dove grey on the roots and then emulsify through for the last part? xx

We had our technician in the last week and he said not to use them as toners . They are meant to be on salt-and-pepper hair

We had our technician in the last week and he said not to use them as toners . They are meant to be on salt-and-pepper hair

I did think that but I've seen so many people use them as toners and they come out lovely

Does the slate grey need to be applied on level 10 hair like the others? Also I've heard it needs mixing with something else as well as peroxide?

Yes they all need to be put on a clean level 10. I only use them with 10 vol peroxide?

Ahh not sure what she meant then I was confused myself haha thank you ☺

Slate grey goes very very very dark. I like to use it for a shadow root when using these toners, it's good for that- not much else. It literally goes down to about a level 5 or 6. X

Slate grey goes very very very dark. I like to use it for a shadow root when using these toners, it's good for that- not much else. It literally goes down to about a level 5 or 6. X
Thank you, I have actually got the slate grey for the shad own root so that's good thanks for your advice ☺

Latest posts

Back