Ikea desks used as nail desks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't want to create a new thread for this but I'm looking at this table from ikea to be used as a nail bar for two techs.
View attachment 62832
It's the MALM occasional table from Ikea. Does anyone use this table?
Thanks JoJo xx

I've seen this used in a Salon in my town centre. It works really well and they have a central area in the middle for acetone etc and then polishes on wall racks either side.

Seems to be a good width to work across too. Looks comfortable for both nail tech and client.

Hope that helps a little xx

Thank you for that! I'm just concerned that I will wobble? & would it be strong enough? If anyone uses it I appreciate any feedback. Thank you xx

Thank you for that! I'm just concerned that I will wobble? & would it be strong enough? If anyone uses it I appreciate any feedback. Thank you xx

'It' will wobble not 'I' will wobble! Lol there's no doubt about that!! xx

We had these in college and they were always sliding on the floor which is the last thing you want when your polishing! Also didn't think they were wide enough. xx

We had these in college and they were always sliding on the floor which is the last thing you want when your polishing! Also didn't think they were wide enough. xx

You can take the wheels off the bottom though surly? xx

We had these in the salon i work in Jo.

I found them far too narrow to be comfortable for either myself or clients.
The client has to sit far enough away that she isn't bumping your knees the whole treatment, meaning that she has to stretch her hands to the table uncomfortably, or you do that instead.
Clients also found it uncomfortable to rest their hands as there wasn't room for them to put their elbows down on the table and then arms over the wrist rest.

I just didn't find them suitable to work over efficiently.

Any more recent ikea desks anyone uses? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bump

Any new ikea desks? X

I bought a £15 ikea desk in October. It's white and very sturdy and big enough to fit everything on. It's perfect. I'm trying to look for a pic for it now :)

I bought a £15 ikea desk in October. It's white and very sturdy and big enough to fit everything on. It's perfect. I'm trying to look for a pic for it now :)

Oooo sounds good! Would love to see a pic. I'm going tomorrow xxx

I'm just a small, home salon, so not sure if this would be of any use to u xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425676319.359203.jpg

I've recently purchased glasholm. I only trained in February so wanted something to practice on in my spare room.

I've just purchased the 'klimpen lalle' desk with draws for my space in a salon ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425806390.569858.jpg

When I first set up my home salon as when your starting out it's a lot to pay out to start with so I got an ikea desk and love it I am thinking about treating myself to a new nail desk not sure lol but there is nothing wrong with mine had plenty of spillage on it an it's fine. View attachment 53217

Here's my set up still bare lol an still more to add but gettin there slowly x[/QUOT

Which ikea desk is it please? I like the pink legs!

Any one know what this desk is called from ikea?
When I first set up my home salon as when your starting out it's a lot to pay out to start with so I got an ikea desk and love it I am thinking about treating myself to a new nail desk not sure lol but there is nothing wrong with mine had plenty of spillage on it an it's fine. View attachment 53217

Here's my set up still bare lol an still more to add but gettin there slowly x
Which desk is this one I like the pink leg!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back