Ikea Malm table-need advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulouxo

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've been searching the forum for info on the Ikea Malm table (which I've found), but no one seems to mention that the table is supposed to be mounted to a wall. This is the only thing putting me off buying it. What's everyone's experience with it? Is it sturdy enough? Any movement/wobbling? I'm newly qualified, so this will be my first table. Want something modern and sleek, and just love the look of this one, but would hate to waste my money!

Thank you :)

Louise

I use the malm and it’s fine. I think all IKEA furniture have wall fixings due to an incident a few years ago where a child pulled a set of drawers into itself, so I think they have to do it for legal reasons. It’s very sturdy though and the perfect width for doing nails x

Thank you! That's reassuring to know. It's the only one I've seen so far that I really like. I think I'll just go for it :)

Go for it, here’s mine. I have the crushed silk cloth to hide the unfinished side and back of the drawer on the clients side. 14CABEEE-1B7F-4F31-9361-A277149CC7F7.jpeg
14CABEEE-1B7F-4F31-9361-A277149CC7F7.jpeg

Looks lovely! Thanks for sharing. Is the unfinished side painted at all? Or bare for wall mounting?

I used to have this one and it was perfect other than the unsightly back of the drawer at the client side.. it’s just an unfinished mdf type material. Something like the pic above should easily solve it. Was sturdy enough and perfect size. Go for it x

Ah ok, good to know! :) It was either that, or one of the white Ikea desks I was looking at. I thought the dressing table with the glass looked a little more glam though ;) Thanks!

I've got an IKEA malm table as a dressing table. It's not fixed to the wall! It's fine, very sturdy. Good big drawer also and practical glass top. Xx

I have the IKEA limonin (totally spelled that wrong!) top and Alex drawers. I chose the top in a narrow width and it works perfectly! I'd like to get a glass top though!

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_194713_336.jpg
    IMG_20171130_194713_336.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20171130_194713_339.jpg
    IMG_20171130_194713_339.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 62
That looks so nice! I love it. I was also looking at the Ikea Micke desk, and the plain Linnmon desk without any drawers, but seems quite wide at 60cm. I'm thinking 50cm would be better for reaching over? So much great ideas here, thanks girls :D

I have the malm. I didn’t use the drawer and have the unfinished side at my side and painted it white x

Latest posts

Back