Ikon.IQ gel ranges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alison Pilkington-Child

Reaction score
I’m quite interested in these but a little confused. There’s Prima, Optima and Hypnos... are they interchangeable within a system?

I hope so, I'm interested in this range too. @BobSweden will know. :)

That’s what I’m thinking.

Yes, they are all compatible. Optima are gel paints and can also be used for full cover on top of gel, acrylgel, acrylic. When using for nail art, only needs 10sec cure in LED lamp - so you can build the designs faster. Hypnos soak-off colour gels can also be used for nail art as like Prima, they use a new pigmentation chemistry so for full cover, only need one colour layer.

We also have Evolution gels - these are for overlay or extensions. 4 gels: Base, Builder, Extension and Top.

Ultimate and Opium are our non-soak off sculpting gels. Ultimate was designed for competitions and more advanced users, has higher viscosity. Optima was designed for general salon use - overlays, tips or extensions. Both a 3-phase gels. No Base gel is needed, just the Ultimate or Opium and then a top gel (Iryna uses the Prima Top gel polish).

For one-phase gel enthusiasts, we have the ONE gel. This acts like a base, builder and top.

POLYTEK is our polymer (acrygel). This is a great solution for clients who are really hard on their nails such as cleaners, landscapers, even cheese makers :)

All are hypoallergenic.

We have a UK FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ikoniqnails/ . There are some video's there too and we will start to publish more often. We are planning a UK "See and Try" tour - which is free and like a conversion class. Iryna shows the optimum application techniques for all products, and you can try yourselves. A certificate is provided which will be required in future to purchase. The first class in in London on 2nd Feb and fully booked - other dates will be released later this week.

Hi,

I've just requested to join the group. Are you going to be at pro beauty in Feb?

Thanks,

Rhian

Hi Rhian,
Sorry we aren't - instead we are making a UK tour as this gives us more time to show the products and for attendees to test them. The cost of a show means you have to focus on selling and don't have enough time to answer questions or explain.

If someone is considering to change brand, I feel we have to make time to provide all they info they need, and for them to get to know the kind of people Iryna and I are, why we started the company and what our philosophy and ethics are. We may not have as many sales as we would get at a show, but if someone has seen the optimum application techniques and tested the products in a free class, they can make a more informed decision and that fits with our conscience.

Hi,

That's fine - am off to scour the Facebook group now!

Rhian

Thanks Bob. I’m clear now on Optima, what’s the main difference between Hypnos and Prisma?

If you find your way down to Kent on your tour I would love to come along. Kent is something of a hinterland when it comes to product training! [emoji57][emoji16]

PRIMA is the gel polish. HYPNOS is a soak off colour gel that like the EVOLUTION builder and extension gels, is an alternative to products from well known soak-off gel companies, at a more competitive price.

In practice they are interchangeable. But the PRIMA is 15ml and HYPNOS is 5ml - both have same price. So PRIMA is more cost effective, unless you are using a high-price colour soak off gel from another company - then the price looks more attractive.

Most people will lose PRIMA and only choose HYPNOS if there is a specific colour they like. Those who prefer colour gels in jars, will feel more comfortable with HYPNOS.

Both cover in one colour layer, so you get twice as many services per Bottle/pot.

Most people will use PRIMA...

(I still can't edit messages)

Hi Rhian,
Sorry we aren't - instead we are making a UK tour as this gives us more time to show the products and for attendees to test them. The cost of a show means you have to focus on selling and don't have enough time to answer questions or explain.

If someone is considering to change brand, I feel we have to make time to provide all they info they need, and for them to get to know the kind of people Iryna and I are, why we started the company and what our philosophy and ethics are. We may not have as many sales as we would get at a show, but if someone has seen the optimum application techniques and tested the products in a free class, they can make a more informed decision and that fits with our conscience.
I wish I could attend these classes. It seems like your brand is the answer to my issues. I'm so interested in the Evolution range.

Yes, they are all compatible. Optima are gel paints and can also be used for full cover on top of gel, acrylgel, acrylic. When using for nail art, only needs 10sec cure in LED lamp - so you can build the designs faster. Hypnos soak-off colour gels can also be used for nail art as like Prima, they use a new pigmentation chemistry so for full cover, only need one colour layer.

We also have Evolution gels - these are for overlay or extensions. 4 gels: Base, Builder, Extension and Top.

Ultimate and Opium are our non-soak off sculpting gels. Ultimate was designed for competitions and more advanced users, has higher viscosity. Optima was designed for general salon use - overlays, tips or extensions. Both a 3-phase gels. No Base gel is needed, just the Ultimate or Opium and then a top gel (Iryna uses the Prima Top gel polish).

For one-phase gel enthusiasts, we have the ONE gel. This acts like a base, builder and top.

POLYTEK is our polymer (acrygel). This is a great solution for clients who are really hard on their nails such as cleaners, landscapers, even cheese makers :)

All are hypoallergenic.

We have a UK FB group: IKON.iQ NAILS (UK & Ireland) | Facebook . There are some video's there too and we will start to publish more often. We are planning a UK "See and Try" tour - which is free and like a conversion class. Iryna shows the optimum application techniques for all products, and you can try yourselves. A certificate is provided which will be required in future to purchase. The first class in in London on 2nd Feb and fully booked - other dates will be released later this week.
Hi, can I ask Bob where the other show dates and venues will be released please. I live in the north east of the UK, and I’m very interested in attending.

Latest posts

Back