Ikon IQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm a qualified nail tech - currently use glitterbels acrylic and CND Shellac but now want to include hard gel enhancements again. Havent done hard gel in a loooong time so as you can imagine there's new brands to choose from.
I have been looking at IkonIQ and I'm really interested. Has anyone used it and can give me their opinion? I'm swaying towards it due to the viscosity being similar to acrylic but unsure which particular gel line that was in the IkonIQ range. Help!
I also want to know if there's a conversion course and trial kit available (I can't view it on website until my account has been verified)

I'm a qualified nail tech - currently use glitterbels acrylic and CND Shellac but now want to include hard gel enhancements again. Havent done hard gel in a loooong time so as you can imagine there's new brands to choose from.
I have been looking at IkonIQ and I'm really interested. Has anyone used it and can give me their opinion? I'm swaying towards it due to the viscosity being similar to acrylic but unsure which particular gel line that was in the IkonIQ range. Help!
I also want to know if there's a conversion course and trial kit available (I can't view it on website until my account has been verified)

I‘m sure you’ll receive some reviews on this product soon, but just so you know @BobSweden is a representative of the brand and also a member of this website, so he’ll be able to give you first hand info on the latter part of your question.

I will wait for Bob - thanks Noodle! 😊

Still not able to view any ikonIQ products. 🙁
Are there any other hard gel products/brands I should consider? Ink London? Cjelp?

Still not able to view any ikonIQ products. 🙁
Are there any other hard gel products/brands I should consider? Ink London? Cjelp?

Hi,
Here is a link to the gel page:
https://ikoniqnails.com/gb/shop/sculptor-builder-uv-led-gels.html
To see prices, please registering the link below and in the form upload your NT certificate:
https://ikoniqnails.com/gb/shop/sculptor-builder-uv-led-gels.html
Hard (file-off) gels
We have four types:

ULTIMATE Gels
These are the first hypoallergenic gels we developed. They are higher viscosity with no self levelling. This makes them ideal for sculpting, even advanced nail shapes, and for competition use (the Competition White and Pure White apply in one layer without shadows and unlike other bright white gels, do not visibly shrink when curing. That means it is possible to create a 50% c-curve on the form without pinching). Can be used for overlays, with tips, extensions, competition use. One of the best choices for someone coming from acrylic. 6 colours available. A Base gel is not required.

OPIUM Gels
These are medium viscosity with minimal self levelling. General purpose salon gels. Three colours. A Base gel is not required.

ONE gel
This is a 1-phase gel so can be used as a Base, Builder and Top gel. Low viscosity gel with high self levelling. Very popular for overlays because you can apply the gel, invert the nail so gel creates an apex and cure. Fast to use. Can be used with tips and to build shorter extensions

POLYTEK polymer gel
This is a polygon/acrylgel product that is high viscosity, similar to an acrylic bead. Has the strength of acrylic, but is light like gel, extremely hard wearing so ideal for customers who are hard on their hands.Unlike acrylic, there is no odour and no setting time - you UV- cure when you are ready.

Soak-Off Gels
EVOLUTION is a family of 4 soak-off gels that can be used for tips, overlays and extensions. EVOLUTION Base must be used after prep, but then you use EVOLUTION Clear Builder for overlays and short extensions, or EVOLUTION Clear Extension gel for extensions. To finish you can use EVOLUTION Top or our PRIMA Shine Like A Diamond non-wipe top gel polish.

Hope this helps :)

@BobSweden thank you so much for this information - greatly appreciated. I will hop on website now as my account has been verified.

@BobSweden - really sorry! I can't seem to find trial kits for gels. Am I being dim? Can you help?

Latest posts

Back