Illumina advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summer rain

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here!
I have a girl, level 7 root of about 2.5 inch and the rest is level 9 pre lightened very long hair. I've only been using illumina to tone up to now, and it's lots better than the affinage I use as my main colour house.
She would like an ashy root , stretched/ombre look , I was planning on 7.81 on the re growth , would I need to use a gold on where the bleach starts or carry on with the 7.81 over (wondering if it'll be too grey) and what do I follow with if I'm using 10.1 at the ends. Should I use another colour mid length to get a nicer blend?My whole sale doesn't stock the whole range so I've no idea what else I can use but can get it elsewhere.Also what developer? Can I use pastel on root for Virgin hair or the 20 vol wellexon? Lots of questions, sorry! Thanks in advance .

7/81 will be grey on the prelightened parts.

I'd use 7/31 on the prelightened parts.

If its a 9 why are you toning with a 10?

Because your only staying same depth on root and then darkening on the midlengths pastel 1:2 is fine.

Sorry, the ends are probably more of a 10 being so long and old colour etc. I only foil the roots and she uses a silver shampoo in between appointments.
Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back