Illumina darkening and grey coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND2304

Reaction score
Hi,

would just appreciate a bit of advice please. I currently only do the odd bit of home hair for odd close friends alongside my main job.

so my friend I have only done her hair once before 2 months ago. She was a level 9 and around 60% grey. She said she usually goes a bit darker but it drops out so quick in the sun. Anyway I went in with majirel 8.13 and it came out a lovely colour. She was happy. I would haVe liked more grey coverage however.

fast forward and she wants me to do it again in a few days but wants to go a level darker asthe sun has lightened it all again. So back to a level 9.

I would appreciate some formula suggestions on how to approach this. I’m unsure whether to mix a level 8 and 7 shade together as I’m a little worried about putting a level 7 over how light she is. (She has no time for me at all to pre pig)
She doesn’t like anything too gold and I’ve seen her hair before grab onto ash (before I did it).
I've seen illumina can darker up to 3 shades without the need to ore pig?
Would you use 6% on the roots and then 1.9% on ends?
Again and formula suggestions welcome. She is pretty easy when it comes to me picking a colour , just nothing too gold or ash.

do you also mix in base colour with illumina for grey coverage?

thank you for any help and suggestions!

Latest posts

Back