Illumina help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BT34

Reaction score
Hi all

I bleached my roots today and used 9/60 and 8/69 with pastel as I had seen it in a wella post and loved the colour but I haven’t got the same result. The process I used is below, what have I done wrong?

Blondor and 6% on roots for 50min nothing on lengths and ends as it is already prelightened, washed off with shampoo and conditioner. Used equal amounts of illumina with 2 parts pastel developer applied to roofs first followed by lengths and ends for 15 combing every 5. Washed out with shampoo and shampoo.

Roots are not bad but it has just washed straight out of ends. Where did I go wrong?

Sounds like your hair is very porous if it washed straight out. How’s the elasticity?

Hi all

I bleached my roots today and used 9/60 and 8/69 with pastel as I had seen it in a wella post and loved the colour but I haven’t got the same result. The process I used is below, what have I done wrong?

Blondor and 6% on roots for 50min nothing on lengths and ends as it is already prelightened, washed off with shampoo and conditioner. Used equal amounts of illumina with 2 parts pastel developer applied to roofs first followed by lengths and ends for 15 combing every 5. Washed out with shampoo and shampoo.

Roots are not bad but it has just washed straight out of ends. Where did I go wrong?
What condition is your hair in?
Also how light is it?

Sounds like your hair is very porous if it washed straight out. How’s the elasticity?

It was fine but after this it’s a bit like chewing gum in some places.

What condition is your hair in?
Also how light is it?

Good I just had one patch at the crown that was slightly damaged.

It’s a level 9.

Good I just had one patch at the crown that was slightly damaged.

It’s a level 9.
What kind of conditioner did you use?

Wella invigo colour brilliance.

In natural light today the roots have toned nicely with a violet tinge so wondering if I should have put a low level bleach on lengths to remove any previous toner.

Also considering slathering it in fudge blonde shampoo.

If it’s starting to go like chewing gum, the next stage is uneven broken clumps, if you don’t take good care now.
Use a quality moisture mask as often as possible and an occasional protein based conditioner. Don’t over-do the protein though as too much protein can also cause breakage.

It’s only minor and in a specific area but yes I have hair masks at the ready.

Latest posts

Back