Illumina vs Koleston Perfect for grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 153638

Reaction score
I am gradually switching my clients to Wella. I have a lady coming in with about 50% grey on natural level 5. I had been using 20vol with Lorvenn permanent colour. It was a little on the resistant side, though not the worst I have come across by any means.
I have not used Illumina for clients with more than 25% grey yet but was thinking of using it for her. But I am also wondering if it would be best to go right ahead with KP especially as her greys are in concentrated areas.

As a general question, could I ask which you tend to reach for more when it comes to grey?

Thanks for reading and for any replies!

I am gradually switching my clients to Wella. I have a lady coming in with about 50% grey on natural level 5. I had been using 20vol with Lorvenn permanent colour. It was a little on the resistant side, though not the worst I have come across by any means.
I have not used Illumina for clients with more than 25% grey yet but was thinking of using it for her. But I am also wondering if it would be best to go right ahead with KP especially as her greys are in concentrated areas.

As a general question, could I ask which you tend to reach for more when it comes to grey?

Thanks for reading and for any replies!
It definitely depends on the coverage the client is used to. For 100% coverage with a dense coverage, and solid regrowth line use KP. To blend in grey, softer finish and a less noticeable regrowth use Illumina.
For resistant white hair I always stick with koleston.

Thanks so much, that helps me out a lot!

Latest posts

Back