I'm after inspiration...??!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are there any nail techs out there that can give me some inspiration for something a little different for my customers???

I work with Creative's L & P system and the majority of my customers have permanent French.

I'd say 60% of my customers like having a bit of nail art done, nothing too wild (except 1 lady...the more wild the design the better for her!). I don't air brush, the biggest request is rhinestones, hand painted flowers.

I went to the G-Mex exhibition the other week and did pick up some EZ Flow coloured powders (20 different colours from pastels to vivid colours), and I have been experimenting with those.

I've tried sculpting a clear nail and placing rhinestones in. I've sculptured clear nails and disguised the smile line with coloured acrylic flower designs on the top of the finished enhancement, both have been received well.

But does anyone have any more ideas, something that looks effective without being too 'out there'.

Also, has anyone got any more coloured powder ideas??? The flowers on the nails look really good, but I'm sure I'm not using them to their full potential. Does anyone know any websites with pictures on to give me inspiration???

Any advice/help would be really appreciated :D

Thanks in advance
Jenny - Notts/Derbys

Hi

You may want to have a look at Allthingsnails.com if you havent already there are some couloured acrylic art and loads to see!

It would be nice to see some of your work can you post pictures?

Cristine :)

stop panicking - you're not wonder woman!!!!

Have you tried the Boogie Nights Walk of Fame. They are 15 glitter acrylics and they are gorgeous. Adds a little bit of sparkle without being over the top.

Just a little tip - you can also use K-Sa-Ra's glitter dust in with clear powder and it gives the same effect!! May be a cheaper alternative!

Sounds like you are doing loads already! If you want ideas, look out for the new Nail Artisrty book by Jaquie and Anne. It will be out anyday soon. They offer courses through IONA and have playdays for the things you are looking for. I get my ideas by just sitting and playing with bits, lace and leafing, and feathers are coming in now, as well as small 3d artwork. Our motto at K-Sa-Ra is nail art is only limited by your imagination. You cant hurt anyone so have some fun. :D :D

Just got my first look today at Nail Artistry by Jacqui Jefford etc. Jackie called in at the office to see me and showed it to me .... what a brilliant job they have done.

It is a beautiful book and very inspiring. Gorgeous and creative designs never seen before. Another must buy!!

Hi there

You seem to be trying some really cool things already. But I'm not surprised that your clients are not biting! It's not you!! - It's us British!! When I had my salon, I found the best way to get them on board was to wear something myself and give it a name:

At New Year 1999/2000 - yes it's that long ago!! We offered "Millenium" nails - sounds a bit tacky now - but - all it was was a bit of glitter mixed with clear powder and instead of white in zone 1. We all wore it and the town got talking about "Millenium" pinkies!!

Also, Mrs Geek has been wearing - oh my, oh my - the most beautiful enhancements. Zone 1 has been mixed with Metro Sin City (a glittery black and plain red glitter dust). The result - well - it's become affectionately known as the Ruby Slipper (remember Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz?

The zone 1 thing works - it's not too daring (choose Creative's Glimmer or Twilight over a white tip) - give it a name and go for it - even if it's just a fiver to start with.

It'll take the same time and the same effort to rebalance. Then start introducing the flower thing on the pinkie - maybe a freebie at first. But then they get hooked because it becomes their trademark!!

Good Luck - I'm off to get the Nail Artistry book too. Can't wait - I bet it's spectacular..............

hi

i have also been using the metro powders in zone 1 and then clear for zones 2&3 there is a pic on my website since wearing them on myself i have had clients book in for them and now they are becoming really popular :D :D

Also i have finally mixed up the ruby slipper took some doing to get the right colour but i now have it and it is fab will be having those myself ;)

The metros are brilliant i love them and now my clients are too :thumbsup:

Hi There

Just thought I would like to give a little input as it is one of my first loves.

The Ruby Slipper nail on Mrs Geek we also call it the Metro Metal Manicure, it's all about working smarter not harder, if you can do a beautifull french nail you can do MMM. You can the charge up to 10.00 pounds more for the full set and 5.00 pounds for the rebalance.

All Creative Perfect colour powders, Mosaics & Metro Powders can be mixed with each other if you want more of a glitter finish using a very fine glitter mix 2 parts powder to one part glitter.

T :p he world is your oyster as far as design goes, in each kit there are a few examples of how to use them, remember though the Mosaics are primary and secondary colours which will give you a full spectrum of colour, black and white will darken or lighten your base colour.

Simpel designs - KISS keep it simple and the clients wil go for it do sampel nails on colour pops clients love to hold them over there own nails.

:idea: Flip Side Heart - apply a clear tip place a tiny bead (using a Mini Honey brush) create an upside down heart looks great in any colour and apply white or another complementry colour over. Make the heart really flat or you will see it on the surface but hey that looks prety cool as well.

Colour Fade
This can be done over the entire nail or just at the smile line. Choose your colours and decide if you are going light to dark or dark to light. Always apply a thin layer of Perfect Colour Clear over the entire nail to get a really good bond (its easier to work on). Apply your chosen colours and finish with clear to build your shape, this will also help to achieve a perfect finish. When applying a colour fade always work from the top of the nail down and apply the next colour directly ontop paddle it in before the product sets.

Hope this helps!!!
I always found in the salon the simpel designs are the most effective designs, plus there easy to sell. As an Air Brush artist it was the same, you will always have a few clients which love to bring in there new outfit in so you can create a design just for them. they were willing to pay as much as 30.00 pounds for somthing unique.

Being creative is great it keeps you and the clients interested but KISS and you carn't go wrong.

x Di x

hi di

what a great post some fantastic ideas there if i get the chance tomorrow i will def be trying the flip side heart have you got any pictures you could post would love to see some
:D

I have the Metro colours and EZ Flow's Boogie Nights but I'm a little confused!! :? When using these glitters should I apply a thin layer of clear acrylic over the top? Sorry for sounding thick!

when using your EzFlow walk of fame collection it is best to apply the product in a thin layer and then cap the design in clear acrylic 8)
this means that you can use less of your powders and protect the design as well as it having a fabby high shine when the nail is finished! :D

Jess
;)

Thanks Jess. I thought that was what I was supposed to do but just wanted to make sure!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back