I'm applying tips & Brisa Lite for the 1st time-advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
Hi as the title says.

I only do sculptured nails but my client tonight wants tips and brisa lite instead (her nails are very thin and not strong, so I'll be filing her nails back before putting the tips on)

I've only ever put 1 or 2 tips on myself in the past, so I'm really worried that I'll cock this up (I was shown how to do tips but I've never had the chance to put it into practice.

So can you geeks give me any tips, to improve productivity and get them done quicker also advice on putting them on

I'm just really really nervous :o

Claire xx

Hi as the title says.

I only do sculptured nails but my client tonight wants tips and brisa lite instead (her nails are very thin and not strong, so I'll be filing her nails back before putting the tips on)

I've only ever put 1 or 2 tips on myself in the past, so I'm really worried that I'll cock this up (I was shown how to do tips but I've never had the chance to put it into practice.

So can you geeks give me any tips, to improve productivity and get them done quicker also advice on putting them on

Claire xx

Claire I honestly wouldn't be nervous if you are sculpting, tips will feel a doddle! Which kind are you using? I am a cheat and use pro impressions advanced so apart from sizing up correctly and any adjusting I skip blending which I still need to practise takes me forever! Don't forget to remove the shine from the tip once applied? Not sure if that is necessary with brisa? And don't worry you will be fine!

Hi as the title says.

Claire xx

Claire I honestly wouldn't be nervous if you are sculpting, tips will feel a doddle! Which kind are you using? I am a cheat and use pro impressions advanced so apart from sizing up correctly and any adjusting I skip blending which I still need to practise takes me forever! Don't forget to remove the shine from the tip once applied? Not sure if that is necessary with brisa? And don't worry you will be fine!

Making sure the tip is the correct size is probably the most important thing when doing tip and overlay. Other than that it will be a doddle for you!

Take your time and don't feel rushed. I am sure your client would rather you take your time and get it right :) x

Thanks Geeks xx

I'm using CND velocity tips.

So does anyone know if the shine has to be taken off, I can't remember.
I know with Brisa lite you don't remove shine off natural nails, is that the same with tips?

Thanks Geeks xx

I'm using CND velocity tips.

So does anyone know if the shine has to be taken off, I can't remember.
I know with Brisa lite you don't remove shine off natural nails, is that the same with tips?

I use CND Velocity tips with Brisa Lite and yes you do have to remove the shine and blend with the natural nail.

I use CND Velocity tips with Brisa Lite and yes you do have to remove the shine and blend with the natural nail.

Thanks for that i removed the shine.
The tips with brisa lite, gelish and rockstar took 2hrs 20 mins.

She had square in the end, I hate square cos they looked "shovel like". I think i struggle with her nails cos the fan out as they grow naturally (she tells me).
Also her skin is quite delicate around the cuticle area so it was quite hard getting the file around the edges and side walls. :sad:

Last edited:
Thanks for that i removed the shine.
The tips with brisa lite, gelish and rockstar took 2hrs 20 mins.

She had square in the end, I hate square cos they looked "shovel like". I think i struggle with her nails cos the fan out as they grow naturally (she tells me).
Also her skin is quite delicate around the cuticle area so it was quite hard getting the file around the edges and side walls. :sad:

Well done :) Sounds like you did well, did you get any pics?

Ah, c'mon, your work is fab Claire. I'd love to see a pic.

Attachments

• tips-and-brisa.jpg
    tips-and-brisa.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 167
They look great and the colour is gorgeous x

They look great and the colour is gorgeous x

Thanks, the colour is lovely but you can see a ridge halfway down, dunno why though everything looked ok when i finished :irked:

Latest posts

Back