I'm back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautilashious

Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks! After a very rough month I am back on here, don't know where to start with all these topics!
Don't get mad at me if I repeat topics.
So many questions need some guidance.
Basically my boyfriend who I live with has split up with me to get back with his ex, this happened a month ago today.
I have only just found another room I can rent in Chelmsford, but this is not available til may. So I'm stuck living with him knowing he is wining dining and the rest with his ex but thankfully not at his house, he is being nice enough not to bring her back.
Meantime my future is in limbo and I really need to expand my beauty business to go full time as quickly as possible as my full time job is also up in the air.
I already do gelish nails, spray tans and eyelash extensions, all mobile.
The next course I would like to do is full body massage and sports massage as I know a few PT's so I am hoping to get clients from them and unlike nails there is not too much cost to outlay.
Do you think this is a good idea?
Also I have been a retail manager for around 13 years now and although I only have those treatments behind me do you think I could send my cv's to salons for management positions in the hope that they would also support my training or am I dreaming?
If any of you have read my dribble to the end you have more patience than me lol, thank you.
Advice needed x

I don't have any business advice but just had to comment and say you are such a strong woman to be dealing with this and I wish you all the best.. I'm from Chelmsford aswell, if I was you I would send you're cv out anyway as you have nothing to lose but everything to gain! Hope everything works out well for you x

Feel for you hun but at least it sounds as though you're looking forward and making plans....... My advice would be if you feel confident, go for it! I'm starting up on my own shortly from a very non beauty background, hardly any experience and only level 2 under my belt. I'm doing massage fast track & plan to add other treatments along the way. In the meantime I'll get other professionals in on commission basis to fill the gaps (spmu, holistic, peels etc). Trust me, if I can do it, you can! Don't let what someone has done to you stop your drive and ambition! Go for it & the very best of luck xx

Latest posts

Back