I'm Back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I am back, still trying to get my head back together, but I am back, Mums funeral was on friday just gone 25th August. Now we have the hard job of clearing out Mums house, that is really really hard, but it has to be done, I have got loads of it here and am going to have to have a mighty clear out to get Mums things in. But I will do it.

We have donated as promised Mums tv, video, dvd player and sky box to the ward where mum was so well looked after during her last days. The donations we received in lieu of flowers amounted to £150.00, we took these gifts up to the ward on saturday they really appreciated everything and they are going to write to let us know what they have used the money for.

I have decided that the time is not right for me to go back to college to do my NVQ level 3, but I am going to go as far as I can with Creative training, I will be able to arrange my first ones once the very kind legacy Mum has left me comes through.

We took a day out on the Thursday before the funeral and I got my first set of Creative nails done, for which I would like to thank Becci Hateley-Lowe Creative Master Nail Technician, I have never had such a nice set of nails they are really beautiful. I have even managed to paint them tonight with "Masquerade" and they look fantastic I must be feeling a little better as my hands have stopped shaking.

We still have a lot of stressful things to do yet in relation to Mums estate, but day by day I am getting stronger, and I know Mum is helping me to come to terms with her loss as are all my friends here on Nail Geeks

Joan

Great to see you back Joan! Keep strong and you know that your mum is always looking down at you! Sending you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: U know I am only a PM away if you need to chat! xxx

:hug: 's Joan, good to have you back. Just take one day at a time and know that we are all here for you .

xxx

:hug:
Hi friends,

I am back, still trying to get my head back together, but I am back, Mums funeral was on friday just gone 25th August. Now we have the hard job of clearing out Mums house, that is really really hard, but it has to be done, I have got loads of it here and am going to have to have a mighty clear out to get Mums things in. But I will do it.

We have donated as promised Mums tv, video, dvd player and sky box to the ward where mum was so well looked after during her last days. The donations we received in lieu of flowers amounted to £150.00, we took these gifts up to the ward on saturday they really appreciated everything and they are going to write to let us know what they have used the money for.

I have decided that the time is not right for me to go back to college to do my NVQ level 3, but I am going to go as far as I can with Creative training, I will be able to arrange my first ones once the very kind legacy Mum has left me comes through.

We took a day out on the Thursday before the funeral and I got my first set of Creative nails done, for which I would like to thank Becci Hateley-Lowe Creative Master Nail Technician, I have never had such a nice set of nails they are really beautiful. I have even managed to paint them tonight with "Masquerade" and they look fantastic I must be feeling a little better as my hands have stopped shaking.

We still have a lot of stressful things to do yet in relation to Mums estate, but day by day I am getting stronger, and I know Mum is helping me to come to terms with her loss as are all my friends here on Nail Geeks

Joan

All I can say is :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is surprising what you find, Mum had kept my very first pair of shoes red patent leather ones with a strap across that fastens with a button, I have got them in my display cabinet now, I would love to do something with them but at present I haven't a clue as to what that could be, any ideas?

Joan

hiya hun firstly big hugs to you and your familly,:hug: :hug: :hug: glad u are backxxx

re the shoes ,you could buy (or have made) a box frame and display them in that up on your wall,you know like all those 3d box pictures there are these days

re the shoes ,you could buy (or have made) a box frame and display them in that up on your wall,you know like all those 3d box pictures there are these days

I think this is a great idea!

Hi hun...so glad you are back and coping well with things...remember your geeky family is alwyas here for ya!!! :hug: :hug:

Hi hun...so glad you are back and coping well with things...remember your geeky family is alwyas here for ya!!! :hug: :hug:
I am so touched by all the support I have received from all my Geeky Family, I will never forget the kind words and support from you all. You are all Stars. I don't know how I would have got through all this heartbreak without you all.

Joan

Hi.
I am fairly new to nail geeks so you wont know me yet. I am so very sorry to hear about your sad news.
I know how you may be feeling, because I lost my mom 2 years ago. We were very close. It is the worst possible thing that anyone can go through.
I am here if you want to chat any time.
Good luck with your nail course. I too am going to do the foundation course soon. I am nvq qualified but mainly do holistic therapies, and I am rediscovering my love of nails.
Speak soon . Take care. xx:hug:

Joan it is so nice to see that you are back...( we sure missed you lots)

I remember when I lost my Dad, (five years ago this last August 2/2001) we were very close and the day that he died, I thought My world would end... Even after five years, there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him...
I was very fortunate to come across a song right after he passed away..
The song is called "Over on the other side". this song really helped me get through some really rough days...

The words to the song are:

I'm over on the other side, where life and death softly divide.
I left my skin and bones behind. Now I'm over on the other side.

Can you feel me there with you?
My breath is gone, but I'm not through, loved you then and I still do, from over on the other side.

I can fly, really fly, below the earth..... all through the sky.
Tell them all I did not die, I'm just over on the other side.

It's good here on the other side , the sweetest songs.... The bluest skies.
Thank you for the tears you cried, but it's good here on the other side.

I can fly... really fly, below the earth all through the sky.

The world is smaller than a needles eye, where life and death softly divide, when you leave your skin and bones behind, I'll be waiting on the other side.

I can fly, really fly, below the earth.... all through the sky.
Go tell them all I did not die. I'm just over on the other side.

Joan, I hope the words to this song help you get through some rough days as it did me...

Sincerely;
Janet the nail fairy:Love: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Joan,

I'm sending you a big geeky hug :hug: .
Just remember that all us geeks are here for you whatever time of day!!!

Hope you are ok,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joan,

I'm sorry to hear your sad news and send you a :hug:.

I lost my dad back in march and it was a complete shock to the system. I know how you are feeling and I promise it will become easier.

sending you lots and lots of love and hugs.:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thinking of you.

Joan it is lovely to have you back,i can't even begin to imagine what you are going through,but we are here for you if you need us,take care love Becki xxxx

I was very fortunate to come across a song right after he passed away..
The song is called "Over on the other side". this song really helped me get through some really rough days...

The words to the song are:

I'm over on the other side, where life and death softly divide.
I left my skin and bones behind. Now I'm over on the other side.

Can you feel me there with you?
My breath is gone, but I'm not through, loved you then and I still do, from over on the other side.

I can fly, really fly, below the earth..... all through the sky.
Tell them all I did not die, I'm just over on the other side.

It's good here on the other side , the sweetest songs.... The bluest skies.
Thank you for the tears you cried, but it's good here on the other side.

I can fly... really fly, below the earth all through the sky.

The world is smaller than a needles eye, where life and death softly divide, when you leave your skin and bones behind, I'll be waiting on the other side.

I can fly, really fly, below the earth.... all through the sky.
Go tell them all I did not die. I'm just over on the other side.

Joan, I hope the words to this song help you get through some rough days as it did me...

Sincerely;
Janet the nail fairy:Love: :Love: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Aww, man that is a beautiful song...makes me think of my brother....

Thank you The Nail Fairy, the lyrics are fantastic, I have printed them off and will look at them each time I feel down.

Joan

Latest posts

Back