I'm BEAT! and thankful for it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I'm sooooooooo beat and exhausted.... I don't know about the rest of you, but OMG It's CRAZY around here:!:

I really don't know if I'll make it to xmas eve:lol:
At least, all the work for the preschool christmas concert is done. PHEEEEEWWWW. The concert was a success, and I'll post vids at a later date when I've time to upload them (Mereena was sooo cute LOL)

I've clients coming out of my ears, several new referrals, regulars driving me mad. One newbie that was a no-show. I called her, and she "lost my card" :rolleyes: and wanted to rebook for January. I really need that time and was annoyed to have had it wasted. Ah well, had to expect at least one this month, right?

It's 7:12am right now.. having my morning cup of coffee.. wish I was back in bed. Leaving at 9 to fetch the sitter, daughter of a friend, who will also help out and do some chores as I really can't get anything done and my house looks like a bomb went off.:cry:

When I finished last night, I made Saltwater taffy for my xmas baskets, still more to make... so far, 2 kinds of cookies, peanut brittle, banana bread, and the taffy.. All double batches. Still lots to do. THEN gotta put them together.:eek:
Presents to wrap. Shopping still to do.

When I think back to this time last year, when I was sad about soooooooooo very many things...
Now business is doing great, and I haven't even time to go to the loo (oh right, better go do that, aye? haha)

Amidst all this craziness.... while I yearn to sleep and sit down on my tookus for 5min by myself.....
I'm thankful. Thankful for all I learned this past year. Thankful for all the support of my geeky mates. Thankful for my client base having expanded. Thankful for my car, and my kids' health.

I mean....remember last year, my thread for giggles about hitting rock bottom? having been bummed out about not getting the job at the adult toy/video store? (this one: http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/50792-you-know-you-have-hit-rock-bottom-when.html)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So while I am exhausted, functioning on 5-6hrs of sleep at night, and going full tilt all day long until 11pm or 1am even....
I know I'm truly very lucky, blessed, and very fortunate to have the life (as complicated as it is) that I have.

So, since it's unlikely I'll have time later as I'll have collapsed in a heap from sheer exhaustion....

Let me say THANKYOU for everything and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you.
I love you DEARLY:Love:

And for those of you who are at 'rock bottom'... it DOES get better. I've proved it. It's a struggle to get to where you want to be sometimes.. and utterly exhausting.. but you WILL get there! I promise you.
xoxoxo:hug:

aww hun, am really happy business is doing well
happy christmas and i hope 2008 is a fab yr for you:hug: xxx

slow down hun...i was exhausted reading your thread :lol:!!!!..

your soooo busy with cooking , cleaning and nails ....i dont know how you do it!!!!!

hope you take it easy hun ....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what on earth is saltwater taffy ?????????????/

I think its a chewy candy abit like toffee??? could be wrong though lol:rolleyes:

what on earth is saltwater taffy ?????????????/

Yes, it's like a toffee, but not 'caramel' of toffy in taste..
Very stickey stuff.

It's sweet, while still having a slight taste of salt. Very odd sounding, but very yummy. It's an american thing you find in towns bordering the sea (saltwater..) but you can also make it without 'real' saltwater. Comes in a HUGE variety of flavours.
Saltwater Taffy diehards say it's not the same.. whether it is, or isn't... still very yummy:green: (and a BUGGER to make LOL:lol:)

So far, have made:
Mincemeat tarts (the fruit, not the meat, variety)
Banana bread
Chocolate Chip cookies (the chewy kind, not hockey pucks)
Chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips
Saltwater taffy - peppermint and cinnamon
Peanut Brittle
SKor bars
Salsa (tomatoe salsa, like you have with corn chips? mexican stuff)

Still to make: shortbread cookies, fudge, MORE banana bread, and more choc chip cookies, and MORE peanut brittle

I hired a girlfriend's daughter these last two days cause I was just burning out....
She's helped with the kids, laundry and some light housework. THANK GOD.
This afternoon, I actually got to take a short nap for 45min...
Then woke up to do highlights & a cut, WHILE cooking dinner, for a friend.
Shovelled food into my face, then did 2 sets of nails LOL

NOW I'm off to make fudge and set it to chill overnight.. bag some cookies and such to get it ready for the baskets.

I'm gonna sleep for a month

BUT I'm thankful.. truly I am. As exhausted as I am.. it's great knowing I can actually afford gifts this year....and show true appreciation to friend's and family.
Like with the gifts I sent abroad to geeks.. the postage near killed me.. BUT it felt great knowing I could say thanks and not be broke afterward.
I'm so lucky.

ps: which reminds me, I NEED Teri's addie. She sent me a lovely card. I thought I had it.. now can't find it :cry: I think she's using her sister's addie or something for post? Anyone with an addie for me?
THANKS

ok, one more thing.....skor bars ?:confused:

why do you do this to yourself victoria , are you one of those people that thrive on pressure ?

LOL
No, not at all :!::eek:(thrive on pressure that is)

But, I had started late with my baking (big mistake) as I usually start in advance and freeze a lot of it. WHOOPS I'll make a note next year not to be this tardy:confused:

SkorBars:
Ummm how to explain. Ok, there's a chocolate bar called "Skor" by Hershey.
pf_skor.gif

Description reads:
SKOR toffee bar
With buttery toffee enrobed in milk chocolate, this bar is a distinctively rich treat. Use it in your holiday recipes for really decadent baked goods.

It's a "hard" toffee.
You can buy bags of 'toffee bits" that taste the same as that what's in the chocolate bar, and use them for baking.
So, 'my' skor bars are a crust made with condensed milk, crushed ritz crackers & toffee bits, baked.
Then you spread vanilla icing, sprinkle a layer of more bits, then more icing on top of that, and chill in fridge.
it's NUMMY:!::green:

LOL

It's a "hard" toffee.
You can buy bags of 'toffee bits" that taste the same as that what's in the chocolate bar, and use them for baking.
So, 'my' skor bars are a crust made with condensed milk, crushed ritz crackers & toffee bits, baked.
Then you spread vanilla icing, sprinkle a layer of more bits, then more icing on top of that, and chill in fridge.
And what is your target weight loss after chrimbo hun???:lol:
or do you just feed it to everyone else so that you look even slimmer:green:
Well I'd do something like that:rolleyes:

Ummm actually, I NEED to gain... I've lost 10lbs (0.714 285 714 stone) over the last 3mths, running like a crazy chicken, so down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 105lbs (7.499 999 997 stone) which is NOT good:irked:

So personally, I'm trying to fatten up so my jeans don't look so ridiculous any more with the baggy empty arse.:irked:

(ducking to avoid flying objects)

In fact, many friends expect baked goodies from me :lol: because I've done it for years.
I hear things like "you're making your choc chip cookies, RIGHT?" or " ummm will you be making peanut brittle this year?" OR "I JUST GOTTA HAVE YOUR BANANA BREAD:!:" :lol:

For a brunch that the family is going to on Xmas morning at a friend's, where there's like 30ppl and everyone brings stuff, I'm under strict instructions: Banana bread and peanut brittle.

:lol:

Ummm actually, I NEED to gain... I've lost 10lbs (0.714 285 714 stone) over the last 3mths, running like a crazy chicken, so down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 105lbs (7.499 999 997 stone) which is NOT good:irked:

So personally, I'm trying to fatten up so my jeans don't look so ridiculous any more with the baggy empty arse.:irked:

(ducking to avoid flying objects)

In fact, many friends expect baked goodies from me :lol: because I've done it for years.
I hear things like "you're making your choc chip cookies, RIGHT?" or " ummm will you be making peanut brittle this year?" OR "I JUST GOTTA HAVE YOUR BANANA BREAD:!:" :lol:

For a brunch that the family is going to on Xmas morning at a friend's, where there's like 30ppl and everyone brings stuff, I'm under strict instructions: Banana bread and peanut brittle.

:lol:

i would love your choc chip cookies or your banana bread...they sound yummy :lick: next year ....if you could make me some and i will pay for your time and p&p.....i know its cheeky but those treats make christmas....espiecally home made :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::green::green:xxxxx

p.s.....THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

i would love your choc chip cookies or your banana bread...they sound yummy :lick: next year ....if you could make me some and i will pay for your time and p&p.....i know its cheeky but those treats make christmas....espiecally home made :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::green::green:xxxxx

p.s.....THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Remind me next year :lol::lol::lol: and mark it on your calendar (but never mind the p&p, my treat:wink2:)
Why is it cheeky? You know what you want, you ask for it. What's the worst I could say? "no". LOL And I'm a sucker, and you know I won't say no.
(of course, I wouldn't be averse to M&S humbugs :lol::lol: never enough of those LOL)

:hug:

LOL
No, not at all :!::eek:(thrive on pressure that is)

But, I had started late with my baking (big mistake) as I usually start in advance and freeze a lot of it. WHOOPS I'll make a note next year not to be this tardy:confused:

SkorBars:
Ummm how to explain. Ok, there's a chocolate bar called "Skor" by Hershey.
pf_skor.gif

Description reads:
SKOR toffee bar
With buttery toffee enrobed in milk chocolate, this bar is a distinctively rich treat. Use it in your holiday recipes for really decadent baked goods.

It's a "hard" toffee.
wow, thats quite a combination of ingredients there !

am i right in thinking you wouldnt need a very large portion of that ?:lol:

Ummmm you wouldn't need a large portion......
BUT
if you were a pig like me :o, you could EAT a large portion of it.:lol:

I first tried it this summer, with friends who had made it. OMG it was so good.
I near fell off my chair when I found out what it was made of, and how easy it was to make.:eek:

NOW that I know... (only found out this week)........ I'm in BIG trouble.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(fyi, Skor bars are one of my faves lol)

Have a good rest over Christmas Victoria....I'm tired just reading this thread:lol::hug:
What is this thing you humans call baking??:eek::)
Must try it one day.....nah on second thoughts...

aww skor bars are gorgeous !! :green::green:, i had the best skor ice cream dessert when i was over :green:
(they are the same as dime bars over here )

aww skor bars are gorgeous !! :green::green:, i had the best skor ice cream dessert when i was over :green:
(they are the same as dime bars over here )

aaaaah, now you are talking, god i love dime bars.

Well... it's 10:38pm...
I've finished with my LAST client for the next 3 days

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(gosh, had to turn so many away.. all that money.. ugh:cry:)

I have finished my baskets and baking, and have have a total of 16 baskets done. Most to be delivered tomorrow around my home town. I have written my "plan of attack" for my deliveries...
To make it the least amount of driving in circles, if you know what I mean?
First stop... gas.
2nd stop.... TIM HORTONS for an extra large coffee with cream and sugar
THEN
I'll hit the first house
:lol::lol::lol:

Once those are done, I come home, wrap presents in between loads of laundry, building a gingerbread house with my children, and other such xmas preparations.

it's going to be a HUGE day.

THEN I'll put kids to bed, then I'll put THEIR gifts under the tree, then I'll stuff their stockings
THEN
I'll sit and do MY OWN NAILS:eek: (omg, really? MY nails??? haha)
THEN I'll set up the video camera and digital camera for the next morning.
Then I'll brush my teeth, put on jammies, put rollers in my hair (yes, I do 'do' that sometimes hehe)

THEN I'll sleep like the dead and wake up to a hectic day called Christmas:lol:

Merry Christmas to you all

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

LOL
Remind me next year :lol::lol::lol: and mark it on your calendar (but never mind the p&p, my treat:wink2:)
Why is it cheeky? You know what you want, you ask for it. What's the worst I could say? "no". LOL And I'm a sucker, and you know I won't say no.
(of course, I wouldn't be averse to M&S humbugs :lol::lol: never enough of those LOL)

:hug:

your a diamond victoria and dont worry huni...i will remind you !!!!!!....i hope you get what you want for christmas xxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

wow Victoria you are well busy

i am exhausted just hearing about all that you are doing

buy hey keep up the good work

Latest posts

Back