Im begging you all please help!! Hair disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8889jenny

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I need urgent help i'm panicing!! I have my hair is natually dark brown I had some blond highlights in it and have just put a nice and easy dark brown over the top of it to get rid of the highlights and it has gone JET BLACK!! I cant go into work tomorrow with it like this. Please can any one help. I was thinking of putting a light brown over the top of it do you think it would lift it?? Please has anyone got any advice??

Thank you xx:cry:

Yup the advice I would give is the same as if a person came on here with a DIY nail or beauty disaster. Book an appointment with a pro and get them to sort it out, you could make it far worse if you continue to play about with it yourself ... in the meantime I hear hats are the latest fashion.

My advice, same as Sassy, I work in hair salon and see this happen . Dont mess around book in salon tomorrw let the pros sort it out. In the meantime have a large stiff drink and dont look in the mirror too much xxx:hug:

dont do anything else to it babe....ring in sick tomorrow and get your self booked in at a salon...

we all make mistakes...i know i have done in the past (sun-in) but we soon learn from them. xx

Hello Everyone

I need urgent help i'm panicing!! I have my hair is natually dark brown I had some blond highlights in it and have just put a nice and easy dark brown over the top of it to get rid of the highlights and it has gone JET BLACK!! I cant go into work tomorrow with it like this. Please can any one help. I was thinking of putting a light brown over the top of it do you think it would lift it?? Please has anyone got any advice??

Thank you xx:cry:

Hi Jenny are you Ok hun ? have you stopped panicking now :hug: x

dont do anything else to it babe....ring in sick tomorrow and get your self booked in at a salon...

we all make mistakes...i know i have done in the past (sun-in) but we soon learn from them. xx

lol you could tell them you have hairache!

I know I'm sorry I normally do go to the pro's, its just I havn't had much time lately and thought I'd treat myself to a colour, NEVER AGAIN!! I've just spoken to a mobile hairdresser and she has told me to try a lighter colour on top. Thank you for all your advice, Hairache lol xx

I know I'm sorry I normally do go to the pro's, its just I havn't had much time lately and thought I'd treat myself to a colour, NEVER AGAIN!! I've just spoken to a mobile hairdresser and she has told me to try a lighter colour on top. Thank you for all your advice, Hairache lol xx

NO NO NO....dont do anything else to it...!!!

Tint will not lift tint ,
so if you are going to put a lighter colour on the top it may only lift the roots a bit where there is less darkness ,
but tint will not alter the black looking hair on the ends ,
only a bleach shampoo from your hairdresser placed on the darkest parts of your hair will help,

and then it will need tinting or toning again in your desired colour ,

It is a colour correction job and needs a professional eye

please dont touch it hun, pull a sicky tomorrow and get booked in first thing you will find a salon who should be able to fit you in, if you put anymore colours on your hair you will damage it even more...please dont put another thing on it hun,

please dont touch it hun, pull a sicky tomorrow and get booked in first thing you will find a salon who should be able to fit you in, if you put anymore colours on your hair you will damage it even more...please dont put another thing on it hun,

Please do what JOANNE says ,
the more you do to it now will not help at all ,
overly dark hair needs a colour correction ,
please go to a reputable salon :hug: x

I will state now that i know nothing about hair.

If you do go into work tommorrow, then use tonight to practice new makeup to go with the dark hair. Have a look online at what colours go with dark hair and your skin complextion. Its worth a try especially if there is no way you can chuck a sicky.

hth
:hug:

Bless - I had the same thing happen to me except I went red, was blonde and wanted to be brown - (met hubby when I had hairdo disaster so it can't of been that bad lol)

I have never ever touched a hair dye since and have been to pros too scared to try a home one ever again!

Good luck with getting it sorted, book in with a pro asap xx

Thank you all so much for your replies I want my old hair back:cry: Beleive me I've learnt my lesson now. They shouldn't sell hair colour! Nice and Easy my.... a*** lol I think I need a drink :eek: I cant pull a sickie tomorrow I'm afraid I've already had the past week off with flu, hence the reason why I wanted to treat myself to a new colour!! Anyway hope you all have a nice weekend I'll let you know how I get on.

Take Care x

I do a lot of colour corrections, please do not do anything else, give your hair a couple of shampoos with washing up liquid, this will soften the darkness a bit, then two more shampoos with your normal shampoo and condition, that should take a bit of the intensity out of it, but other than that you need to see a proffessional, effasaur or a bleach bath then a dia colour put on - no more tint, make sure where you go does know how to do colour corrections, and take plenty of pennies, can take hours and cost a lot!
At work dont tell everyone you mucked up, put on a front and blag it, be dark and interesting, but dont worry too much, do the washing up liquid and see if that takes the edge off a bit, sounds wierd but would be my first step.

I feel for you . . . I had my jet black experience when I was about 18, it was only meant to be dark brown . . .

I was up till 3am washing but it only lifted slightly. I booked in and had the ends cut off as they seemed to hold the colour even more . I feel for you I really do. The good thing is, you only ever do it once :hug:

Hello Everyone

Thank you for all your replies it really helped :) Just thought I'd let you know what happened.... I washed my hair in washing up liquid about 10 times! The colour didn't really lift so I tied it back in the morning and went to work. I managed to book the afternoon off to go to the hairdressers, she wouldn't lift it for me so I asked her to try and make it abit warmer considering she wouldn't lighten the colour for me :rolleyes: so she did and now it has a red/brown tint to it. So I thought while I was there I would have a cut, I just wanted 1 layer through the top and a trim and to top it all off she decided to blend all my layers in which made it look shorter which I didn't ask for and had i had to stop her half way through, whilst listening to her moan that she only had half an hours sleep the night before.... She asked me why I looked worried :eek: lol anyway I've learnt my lesson now! Thank you for all your advice and if there is anyone reading this thinking about colouring their own hair then PLEASE DONT!

sorry if im speaking out of turn, but the stylists who work for me, say , it makes them laugh when someone comes in and just asks for one layer???

apparently you cant have one layer, as its all layered through if you have layers??
when i have finished my training, i spose ill get the joke, but maybe thats why she was blending the other hair in, to the one layer you requested??

also its a pet hate of mine, for my stylists to talk about themselves constantly and personal like, you want to feel pampered and important, not like their agony aunt, this has reminded me, to have a chat with my sylists tomorrow and reiterate, that the customer pays our wages!!

sorry you not happy with your hair,
but as my dad always used to say, there is only two weeks between a bad hair do and a good one!!

Hi Lotus

I understand what you mean when you say one layer but its the only way I could describe what i wanted really. I wanted to keep the length but wanted a short layer on top so it didn't look so flat if you get what I mean! I think its really nice when a hairdresser will come up with ideas or guide the client as it gives you reassurance if you know what i mean. When I asked her for advice she just kind of looked at me with a blank expression :irked:

Thank you for your replies :)

Latest posts

Back