I'm disappointed with the "Just for You" Gelish collection!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
As the title says Im really disappointed with the new just for you collection and wished I hadnt bought them all!!!

I waited ages for them to be released too!

Out of the 9 colours, I reckon i will only used 4 or 5 of them, and they don;t look like the marketing pictures on the Gelish website.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm usually a good judge of popular colours.

Does any other gelish users feel the same???
:sad:

I very nearly bought all 9 last weekend, after a few glasses of wine I thought id make the purchase but changed my mind!

Which ones are you disappointed with?

The worse one is commander in chic, it's like green fence paint lol. They're just drab colours, like winter colours if you get what I mean. Meet me in Milano is a dark brown, not what clients want, the bleutique one is almost black, and fashionably slate is too plain, jet set is much nicer. I'm thinking a lot of layering is the only thing I can do!

Yes I was going to suggest layering!

You never know, we all like different so maybe some of your clients will like them, if not try mixing them.

Also wear them on your own nails, I have found clients tend to go for colours which I am wearing rather than just seeing them on my colour wheel x

Put up some pictures? :) xxx

My clients are loving them I've used all my colours on clients and I only had them Thursday lunch time.. Don't be too disheartened there's alot of colours i already have that I'm not keen on and clients like just pretend you like them that way they'll won't go to waste ;-) x

I try to wait until the collections are out and people have posted picture now because they are often so far from the colour swatches online. Also, with there being so many colours, some are often quite similar and not really any use. I think its better to hang it out and see which ones are proving popular with others before i spend the money.

Have you spoken to Harmony? If you are unhappy, you may be able to return the colours for a refund or swap with other colours? They are usually very helpful so its worth giving them a call xxx

These are the colours x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339795490.792818.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339795490.792818.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 29,869
These are the colours x

Not Keen on the green though that's just mpo thing most of them my customers would like. Thanks for posting on nail pops as when I saw them advertised I must say was not that keen in any lol xcx

I dont like any of them either, glad I havent bought them thanks for posting a picture of the colours :sad:

I quite like a few of them...most of them actually. I don't think they are out in Australia yet...

Thanks for posting the swatches :)

Last edited:
ooo i see wat u mean there pretty blaa arnt thy x

These are the colours x

The red isn't as nice as I thought it would be.

Maybe we should be telling them what we want....CHROME METALLIC PLEASE.X

The bottom two on the row of five look like plum & done and exhale. I am quite disappointed too, I very nearly bought the full set last weekend too, I have to say I am glad I didn't. I like the 4th one up on the row of five which one is that? X

That one is After Party Espresso. The best one I think.

Remember it's not what you like its what your client likes

Im not a nail geek but i dont like any of them colours apart from the red lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for posting the colourpops, maybe I'm weird but I like them all apart from the green! They are winter colours though.

The bottom two on the row of five look like plum & done and exhale. I am quite disappointed too, I very nearly bought the full set last weekend too, I have to say I am glad I didn't. I like the 4th one up on the row of five which one is that? X

I totally agree.
That is the best one.

As a newbie to Gelish, I think they are very similar to some of the Shellac colours, I quite like the green, so I must be weird!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back