I'm disappointed with the "Just for You" Gelish collection!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the colours x

I have to say as a Gelish Lover myself ...I am NOT impressed with these new releases...however i guess it's not all about us as nail techs to like them. My problem is that i have to like to promote. Maybe layering will change the bland look of these colors...they are very bland :(

I have to say as a Gelish Lover myself ...I am NOT impressed with these new releases...however i guess it's not all about us as nail techs to like them. My problem is that i have to like to promote. Maybe layering will change the bland look of these colors...they are very bland :(

I think bland was sort of the idea. They are supposed to be catwalk chic. So very one tone, flat, no sparkle or shimmer. I think they are Gelish's answer to the kind of Chanel chic polishes

They certainly arent for everyone and i'm sure they will have their fans and plenty who dont like them.

My biggest issue is that, as always, the colour chart released for them seems miles away from the actual colours. I bought the candland collection as they all looked like cute pastels..... they are nothing like it. Luckily they have all sold quite well but i wish there was a better view of the colours so that we could truly get an idea of what we were paying for

I think they are lovely! Very Chanel.
Definitely a silly time of year to release them though!

That one is After Party Espresso. The best one I think.

That looks just like shellac 'rubble' and this is a really popular colour. X

These are the colours x

I like them all apart from the green! Can't imagine anyone wanting that. Unless maybe to draw a Christmas tree :-/

I think bland was sort of the idea. They are supposed to be catwalk chic. So very one tone, flat, no sparkle or shimmer. I think they are Gelish's answer to the kind of Chanel chic polishes

They certainly arent for everyone and i'm sure they will have their fans and plenty who dont like them.

My biggest issue is that, as always, the colour chart released for them seems miles away from the actual colours. I bought the candland collection as they all looked like cute pastels..... they are nothing like it. Luckily they have all sold quite well but i wish there was a better view of the colours so that we could truly get an idea of what we were paying for

I agree.
It wouldn't take much for Harmony to take a pic & upload the real thing for us.

Pretty please Harmony.x

Last edited:
I was only going to get a couple but have decided to get the full collection this week. The swatch pic looks fab. I even like the green and and already figuring out my pitch for that colour to at least 4 clients I think will wear it! The neutrals are ace on their own, and the more odd colours are just crying out for effects and nail art.

Get them and get creAtive ;)

I have to admit i like them all except the green and the brown! Maybe try wearing some this will promote them and they might grow on you! xx

Can i ask what the top two are called on the left strip? they do look so different to the chart on NH website. I like most of them apart from the green and i imagine midnight caller (i havent got MC btw)is much nicer than that grey. The red-y to wear looks like red roses.

Can i ask what the top two are called on the left strip? they do look so different to the chart on NH website. I like most of them apart from the green and i imagine midnight caller (i havent got MC btw)is much nicer than that grey. The red-y to wear looks like red roses.

They are Eur-so chic and after party expresso.

I just bought the collection,

I have found all my reds dont last as long as other colours so perhaps this one will be different. they remind me of shellac alot and I think they are really classy,

I am now thinking wrong time of year though ooooopssssss.

Though im always shocked at some peoples choices, sometimes I want to say " really????!!!" but obviously I wont. So hopefully people will like them, I love them!

I was never blown away on the range when it came out, and looking at the thumb nail, I still not bothered. Disappointing really, I love Gelish :(

What is the light colour in the picture in between the purple and the chocolate colour? X

As the title says Im really disappointed with the new just for you collection and wished I hadnt bought them all!!!

I waited ages for them to be released too!

Out of the 9 colours, I reckon i will only used 4 or 5 of them, and they don;t look like the marketing pictures on the Gelish website.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm usually a good judge of popular colours.

Does any other gelish users feel the same???
:sad:

I had a look at the colours, and they don't look all that, at all. Not the sort of colours I would pick

There r only 2 I would buy, don't know the names but the pink and the light beige thats it :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

These are the colours x

Well I have to say these are the exact colours my clients would wear & I know this because having already got these colours but in 'Bio Sculpture Gel' they are very popular. Admittedly they are Autumn / Winter Colours so hang in there girl for a few more weeks & you will find they will want these !

I bought the whole range last week and I have to be honest i love the colours and so do my clients! They are very winter colours however with the way the weather is going hey presto!! Haha! Anyway I'm impressed very classy colours IMO :)

I bought the After Party Espresso and It Girl.
I do like them, summer and winter.
Might buy another one, maybe the blue or brown... Not sure yet.

I really like the green and the grey. Unfortunately I cant use them.(allergic) But I have an orly green about that color. And an opi gray, so I will live. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Sorry you are not happy with them hun, can see why they are not that exciting, but as other posters said, clients might love them!! I have been eyeing up the after party expresso, that looks lovely, think a few are nice just look very similar to others xx

Latest posts

Back