I'm feeling like a big huge meanie!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Awww I am feeling quite bad ATM. It's a long one!!!

Last week I had a booking for a 17 yr old to have her nails done for a prom. Both her and her mother came in the week before to let me see her nails and discuss what we could do.

They booked an appointment for last Thursday and said they would call on the day to see if they could come a bit earlier than the 8pm appointment we had. They have horses and had to sort them out ready for a comp on the Saturday, they were hoping to get some help on the Thurs so she could come earlier for her nails.

I said as long as they were deff coming I would keep the evening free in case the could get here earlier, she said "Oh, yes, we will deff be here, I wouldn't do that to you". Anyway, 2.15pm on the day the mother called to cancel the appointment, 4 hours before they were due. She actually said "OH at least you can still fill the appointment now":mad:

Anyway, On Monday night I took yet another booking for a 17yr old to have her nails done today for her prom tomorrow, and yes, you guessed it. CANCELLED 10 mins before she was due :mad:so I actually said unless the appointment was re-booked within 10 days there would be a £20 charge for cancelling the appointment with such short notice. I have actually turned 2 people down for an appointment tonight and they have had to wait until next week.

I feel a bit bad for the girl as her car broke down this morning on her way to school and it is in the garage, this is why she cancelled. I offered to do a mobile appointment for her tonight or she could come here later but she just kept saying "oooo I dont know what to say". How about SORRY:rolleyes:

So annoying:evil:

Luckily I have a client who wants gel toes done and I had to squeeze her in tomorrow but it's going to be a rush so I just called her to see if she wants to come tonight instead which will mean I'm not rushing her tomorrow. Fingers crossed she can make it tonight:hug:.

Am I right to charge her for cancelling so close to the appointment or should I just forget about it????? I am seriously thinking of taking deposits now, does anyone else do this??

Too right! If her car broke down in the morning, she could've let you know in the morning, so why did she leave it until 10mins before she was meant to arrive :confused:

If the horsey lot want to re-book, make sure you get a deposit off them this time.

:hug: for you

I agree with Amy, take a booking fee if they want to re-book. And yes she shouldve phoned you as soon as she kn ew she wouldnt be able to make the appointment i.e the morning!!
People really take liberties sometimes. My policy is that people must cancel 24 hours before appointment or there WILL be a charge! Unless of course the circumstances are terrible!

What a pain in the butt! :hug:

The client that I squeezed in yesterday just came for a Mani and she still wants to come tomorrow for her toes so not so bad, managed to fill half the appointment and now I'm off to TKMax to see if I can get my foot bowl.

Rachel xxxx

Don't feel like a meanie hun, these people are taking the proverbial!!!!!!!

When the horesy folk call again make sure you get a deposit and get a sign put up in your nail room hun. You are too good a tech to be mucked about, your time is money :hug:

Latest posts

Back