I'm finding the majority of clients difficult to please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beatrice11

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I always try really hard to do my best and give the best I can do- i know there's always room for improvement and you can't please everyone but I always feel like what I do isn't good enough and Ive let them down.

When I show the clients themselves in the mirror and this isn't one particular treatment that they seem really unimpressed with, it's a variety of treatments. I'm not sure what they expect. It's like they think you're a plastic surgeon or something.

I had this today, a client who was moaning about how long lashes take and then when I rushed to finish quicker she just looked at them at the end and said nothing for a good few seconds then she said I do like them. But I could tell she didn't. Quite embarrassing. Annoying as well that she slept for a bit of it and then was hellish when she woke up.

Then I had another girl message me to cancel her appointment because she was meant to be going back home and gave me lots of compliments in the text, only to see she's blocked me on social media. Totally confusing as she'd sent such a sweet message. It's really gobsmacking that someone would do that when I hadn't done anything to her wrong. I even said don't worry I completely understand and thank you for your kind words.

I'll try post some pics of my work and maybe I can get some advice to see if it's me who is totally crap or I'm just unfortunate to keep attracting such A.holes.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Social media has given ‘normal folk’ unrealistic expectation.....
Most pictures have been ‘enhanced’.
When we try to explain this to the client.....you can tell what they are really thinking
“She’s just sh*t, and can’t do it!”
We are all doomed

Yes that's spot on! I hadn't even thought of that as a reason but so true. It really puts me off and then you get some clients who are lovely and really pleased. I have a couple of lash lifts today- no doubt they will expect them to look like extensions!

Yeah i fine people way more unrealistic now a days

I suppose the only way round it really is to try and manage their expectations. Like you say a Lash Lift is not going to look like extensions but... and then explain the benefits of having a lift. Also, their homecare routine is so important. How they look after their nails, lashes, skin after they leave you can affect how long the results last. Maybe spend some more time going through the importance of the aftercare too. Never assume they remember or are just doing it to the letter. As for people moaning how long it takes, well unfortunately, that's the sacrifice they have to make for an effective treatment. I wouldn't speed it up just to try and please them, and like you found, it didn't satisfy her anyway!! Clients ay! :)

Perhaps the girl that cancelled went elsewhere for her treatment and didn't want to say, so she blocked you? It doesn't mean that she was unhappy, it could be that she found somewhere cheaper and didn't want to admit it? Don't take it too personally x

I definitely agree with the unrealistic expectations. My favourite is still the lady who came for a basic facial (with terrible skin and no skincare routine), checked the mirror at the end and said "But I still have wrinkles!" Mmmm hmm. And the clients who completely ignore the aftercare and homecare advice then moan that the treatment hasn't done X, Y or Z etc. It can be frustrating and deflating, particularly when you seem to get them all at once. As long as you have confidence in the treatments and care you're delivering, brush it off and keep going :)

Latest posts

Back