I'm Gonna Do Gels !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Shock horror ....... yep, I have a few inquiries so I'm gonna bite the bullet and have a go. The thing I always hated was the setup of my table, but I'm going to reorganise everything and buy 2 lamps (one for each side of the desk) and be permanently setup for it.

I did gels many moons ago (Light Elegance) and did well in my first comp after reading the instruction overnight.

Can anyone recommend a gel topcoat to go over polish ?

I use the Akzentz range .... i haven't heard (yet) of any complete success stories with UV topcoats over enamal...heard a few who have tried it, but the results tend to be a bit hit and miss....(great for your own nails, to risky for clients)

As the gel needs a buffed or sticky layer to adhere too i cant see how it can be applied with success to enamel.

I maybe completely off track here, but I think I remember Victoria (Vhunter) doing some experimentation with gel topcoats over polish some time back. Maybe she discovered on that would work?

What system are you going to use ?

I don't use a gel topcoat over polish - never felt the need

Just remembered Heather Davies said she put Brisa topcoat over polish but having trouble finding her post

If a client wants colour enhancemnets...i use my normal buff off gel and then finish with enamel...and standard topcoat. They always come back after 3 weeks with it still on.

But they have the choice to remove it at home if they wish.

What system are you going to use ? Thinking of Light Elegance, although the company I now use also has a gel

I don't use a gel topcoat over polish - never felt the need. There was a company here that had a UV cured topcoat that was used over varnish and dried them rockhard in 3 mins, I can't remember the name, it was so long ago, I still have one of their lamps

Gotta put on my thinking cap, I have a beautiful Badger brush I want to try out (it has angled bristles).

Yayaya a gel boy :) The one thing you will notice Carl is what a longway the new gels have come both in ease of use and strength.

OMG...first Adele toying with doing L&P now Nailzoo going to do Gel....
The whole site is going topsy turvey...must be all the friendship giddiness!!!
(or the Xmas tipples!)

was if definately a gel top coat and not just a UV reactive Top coat polish.

I use CND UV Dry sometimes. Whch is just UV dry polish!!

What i wanna know is if they can make UV dry top coat, why cant they use the same technology for nail enamel colours!!

That would make life so much easier!!

Can anyone recommend a gel topcoat to go over polish ?[/quote]

The point of you wanting gel over polish would be?
To prolong the polish maybe.
If so why not find a nice coloured gel and the gel finish clear.
Creative, Magnetic, NSI and many more do the coloured gels.
I hope I have understood your post correctly.

I do a
base coat
2 layers of polish let dry
1 layer of UV clear gel {place gems in if wanted} cure 2 mins
wipe sticky off then the polish and gems last a good few weeks
when they come back it only takes a little buffing to get the top coat of thin gel off then the rest comes off with polish remover
HTH's x

Shock horror ....... yep, I have a few inquiries so I'm gonna bite the bullet and have a go. The thing I always hated was the setup of my table, but I'm going to reorganise everything and buy 2 lamps (one for each side of the desk) and be permanently setup for it.

I did gels many moons ago (Light Elegance) and did well in my first comp after reading the instruction overnight.

Can anyone recommend a gel topcoat to go over polish ?
EzFlow speed finish.
hth

I do a
base coat
2 layers of polish let dry
1 layer of UV clear gel {place gems in if wanted} cure 2 mins
wipe sticky off then the polish and gems last a good few weeks
when they come back it only takes a little buffing to get the top coat of thin gel off then the rest comes off with polish remover
HTH's x

Zena - How long do you leave the 2 layers of polish to dry before applying the uv gel?

NSI do a gel top coat - Glaze & Go which doesn't need leave a sticky layer.
It can be used on top of enamel which has been given about 15 mins to dry - remember to cap free edge.
I use it on myself as I've got coloured enamel on, and if I used scrub fresh it would come off if I didn't. :rolleyes:
The small bottle lasts for ages too.
HTHs

Found it, it's called Pro Finish Gold UV topcoat

Heh heh.

Didja know that ProFinish UV Top Coat ISSSS CND UV topcoat?

Profinish is CND's. :)

Not much to tell lol- CND owns this product, and it is the EXACT same thing as their CND label UV topcoat. :) Profinish Air Finish and Heat Finish are the same as CND Air Dry and Heat Dry as well.. ;)

Latest posts

Back