I'm gutted - no Dermalogica for mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Just had an email from Dermalogica stating that they do not supply to mobile therapists and that you eiter have to have a room or work from home for them to supply to you. What do all you mobile therapists use?

xxx

I use Natures Way....sure not as posh as dermalogica but a good product all the same and my clients love it!! I have heard fantastic things about the range by ellisons...I cant think of now begins with P....(help me out geeks I have gone blank!!) sounds like PHirana....oh god how annoying....

Tonilee, the range you are talking about is Priadara.:)

Tonilee, the range you are talking about is Priadara.:)

Oh lord THANK YOU!!!! That was driving me mad!!!! How embarrassing!!!:lol:

Yes anyway I have heard great things about that range off fellow geeks!!

I use a range called Hara which i find ok and my clients seem to like. I was thinking of switching to priadara but i dont really do that many facials. They are sposed to be really good, i heard they where the cheaper equivilent of dermologica

Thanks

I shall look into them. Anyone else use any other products that they love? xxx

no...hence I am sulking and not planning on doing facials mobile, cos I am so in love with dermalogica! Decleor is lovely though, another high-end product, not sure if they supply to mobiles, but would be worth contacting them for some samples anyway as their products are divine!

no...hence I am sulking and not planning on doing facials mobile, cos I am so in love with dermalogica! Decleor is lovely though, another high-end product, not sure if they supply to mobiles, but would be worth contacting them for some samples anyway as their products are divine!

Thanks hunni I shall take a look. I also am in love with Dermalogica.

xxx

I use Eve Taylor and find them really great to work with.They do a mobile therapist starter kit and theres no minimum order......www.evetaylor.com

Just had an email from Dermalogica stating that they do not supply to mobile therapists and that you eiter have to have a room or work from home for them to supply to you. What do all you mobile therapists use?

xxx

i wonder why they would do this?
surely doing treatments in other peoples spare bedrooms is no different than doing them from a spare bedroom in your own home.
do they come and inspect your home treatment room before they will let you purchase.

I too am unsure what to use when I qualify and was only thinking this very thing last week!!! I dont want to use a cheap and nasty range, after all, it is going on peoples face!!! we use skin truth at college and I find it horrible stuff! will be watching this post!

just checked with a local distributor/training centre and Decleor DO supply mobile therapists, check out DECLEOR - Official Website :) xxx

i wonder why they would do this?
surely doing treatments in other peoples spare bedrooms is no different than doing them from a spare bedroom in your own home.
do they come and inspect your home treatment room before they will let you purchase.
Please don't take this the wrong way because offence is certainly not intended :hug: but I think certain brands of cosmetics see their product as being 'cheapened' by mobile therapy IYKWIM? I think some cosmetic companies like to maintain a certain amount of exclusivity by deciding who uses and sells their products and who doesn't. I know they don't like too many salons in one area carrying their brand.

If you were to go mobile in an area where there was, for example, already a Dermalogica Salon, then your service would detract from the exclusivity for Dermalogica being offered by the salon. Does this make sense? HTH. Clarins are exactly the same, in fact a therapiust has to have a certain square meterage of salon space to use and retail the products including a big window display. Can't say I would want CLARINS hanging out of my home salon window.

Hi - I think you will find that Decleor do not supply to mobiles or home salons - I tried before I choose my current brand. :cry:

hmmmmmmmm - I just got told on the phone by my local distributor that they do! Maybe it has changed now? I dunno!

Also I don't think dermalogica are too fussed about brand exclusivity as theres 3 salons on the same estate near me that all use dermalogica! And 2 of those are on the same road!

I also think its because they think that you will do more retail if you are set up at home or in a salon TBH.

I was told decleor had a £4k start up price.

Yes but Sodabubble they are salons not mobile. Some brands just have guide lines and Dermalogica is not the only brand not to supply to mobile therapists. Also even if you have a salon it doesn't mean you can have any brand. Elemis require certain things as do aromatherapy associates. Its just a companies guide line.

Beckixxx

Please don't take this the wrong way because offence is certainly not intended :hug: but I think certain brands of cosmetics see their product as being 'cheapened' by mobile therapy IYKWIM? I think some cosmetic companies like to maintain a certain amount of exclusivity by deciding who uses and sells their products and who doesn't. I know they don't like too many salons in one area carrying their brand.

If you were to go mobile in an area where there was, for example, already a Dermalogica Salon, then your service would detract from the exclusivity for Dermalogica being offered by the salon. Does this make sense? HTH. Clarins are exactly the same, in fact a therapiust has to have a certain square meterage of salon space to use and retail the products including a big window display. Can't say I would want CLARINS hanging out of my home salon window.

well i can certainly understand the theory behind that, but it seems bizarre that they would supply someone who had a room in their own home to use it in and not someone who would be using it in a room in someone elses home:confused:

Yes but Sodabubble they are salons not mobile. Some brands just have guide lines and Dermalogica is not the only brand not to supply to mobile therapists. Also even if you have a salon it doesn't mean you can have any brand. Elemis require certain things as do aromatherapy associates. Its just a companies guide line.

Beckixxx
I used to stock Elemis as a brand,and there are certain guidelines...a minimum of 2 treatment rooms and a shower....now the minimum is 3 treatment rooms:!:

I agree that exclusivity is detracted if a mobile therapist would take ona brand as Dermalogica...but then again dermalogica would have no problems if 2 salons on the same street stocked it....i do not see the sense in that myself!:confused:

well i can certainly understand the theory behind that, but it seems bizarre that they would supply someone who had a room in their own home to use it in and not someone who would be using it in a room in someone elses home:confused:
And this i have the same confusion myself....if it is a salon brand and i was distributing it,then i would make it high street salon only....but that is just my opinion:lol:

Latest posts

Back