I'm in a skincare tail spin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugg73

Reaction score
I've read so many posts on here and googled so many sites..I've lost the will to live! I'm currently practising with skintruth - it's cheap and accessible while I do my level 2. I will be qualified in the next couple of months - it will be interesting to see how many clients stay with me when I stop doing my 'case study' £12.50 1hr facial and move to an industry price!!

My skincare issues are as follows:
1) beauty will be my 2nd job and I will be studying level 3 so I will not be doing loads of treatments;
2) I can't afford a huge start-up cost (one company said between £505-£1000) I will never make that money back at the moment!;
3) I will be mobile - not salon/home based;
4) Alot of my customers are wanting facials for relaxation i.e. not so results driven; and
5) they all ask for products with a lovely smell/aromatic.

Now I would like to have options but there seems to be so little. I received samples from Lynne so I think I could stock a small results driven range for those who ask but what about my 'I want it cheapish and smelling nice' clients??

I don't want to stay with skintruth as it was always a product for practising (for me) and other wholesale ranges seem limited.

I found a website called Base Formula - anyone ever heard or used their products?

Advice please for a need a straight jacket!! :sad:

What about the eve Taylor mobile kit? It's very reasonable priced and contains everything you need to get started.

Second vote for Eve Taylor. You can be as small or big as you need with E.T, I started with the mobile kit and added to it as and when I needed. They have a fb page you can join that is very helpful too.

I started with the Eve Taylor mobile kit, the products went down a storm so as each one ran out, I bought the larger size. Xx

Hello

I was in the same boat a you and did lots of research into a good skincare brand.

I use Swissdermyl and I'm able to use this in a relaxation facial. They do an amazing rose massage honey that I have incorporated into a couple of facials (this reminds me I need to order some as I used my sample) and used in the French cream facial clients get the relaxation facial they want (with steam and a massage) that is also results driven.

As you are going to be doing limited treatments I think it would be a false economy for you to have more than one skincare range. The last thing you want is to open it and for it to pass its shelf life. Look at exactly the type of clients that you have/will target and match a skincare range to them.

Hope this helps x

Hello

I was in the same boat a you and did lots of research into a good skincare brand.

I use Swissdermyl and I'm able to use this in a relaxation facial. They do an amazing rose massage honey that I have incorporated into a couple of facials (this reminds me I need to order some as I used my sample) and used in the French cream facial clients get the relaxation facial they want (with steam and a massage) that is also results driven.

As you are going to be doing limited treatments I think it would be a false economy for you to have more than one skincare range. The last thing you want is to open it and for it to pass its shelf life. Look at exactly the type of clients that you have/will target and match a skincare range to them.

Hope this helps x

Agreed.
No need to run 2 ranges, too much expense.
Modify the treatments suit the clients needs.
That Miss Lynne is a great lady to have your back!

Latest posts

Back