Im in Pain - have you had a mishap like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi All

I had a mishap yesterday with my nail and wondered if you all had similar stories.

On a rare mad moment I decided to give my car a major clean inside - I got to near the end when just before I put the car mats back I had a brain wave! - oh i will get rid of the dirt on these by wacking them on the side of the house ( I can imagine some of you are starting to wince!) - away I went wen suddenly a gust of wind blew the car mat back and hey presto it took my ring fingernai and bent it right back and broke halfway down my bed. With blood pouring, I put on a plaster and finished the car cursing all the way.

I thought to myself that I would leave it a couple of days then soak it off because i really didnt want to scrape myself of the ceiling just yet when that acetone touches the raw wound. But no in a stupid moment of impatient nail tech that night i thought I would grin and bear it (half of you are now laughing at my stupidity and the rest are grimacing!!) OOOOOHHHH MY GOOOD I had forgotten how painful acetone was - but i carried on with the cotton wool and foil method. Half an hour of mindless pain i looked and in despair in was still intact but hanging by a piece of flesh. By now I had to get this dangly thing off - so again i screamed and grimaced whilst holding a small scapel and managed to gingerly get it off - phew instant relief - if not a pounding finger.

I went into the salon the next day to proudly show my fellow tech my wound which made her green. I think i will leave it a few days before attempting to do anything.

So the moral to my story is (I think) leave cars to the men!!!!!!

Anyone else got story like this

Heidi

OUCH! Yeah i totally know how you feel i did a similar thing with my index finger it took the nail tip of as well as half of my natural nail!! as like you i was screaming with pain and losing what felt like gallons of blood i held it under cold water put a plaster round it to try and calm the throbbing. Again like yourself decided to take the remaining gel off my nail whilst flesh was hanging being impatient and moaning because it looked silly! and i can honestly say i have not felt pain like it actually quite shocked i didnt faint (i did when i had a small tattoo done!) so my sympathy is with you 100% :sad:

Oh yes, been there....done that! I can't remember quite how it happened apart from it was when I was brushing my dog! :confused:

I tend to wear my nails long-ish, so serves me right. But it cracked right across the middle of the nail bed and had the whole blood thing too. The pain is something I never want to experience again. :cry:

I didn't try to take off the offending cracked enhancement, and from your descriptions I'm SO glad I didn't. It was a few years ago now, but I seem to remember I had a large vodka, poured acetone over the cut, dried it thoroughly, pushed the two parts together and sealed the crack with nail adhesive. I didn't put a plaster on because I remember someone telling me the warm damp conditions underneath the plaster were just what bacteria were waiting for.

Now I'd love to know if I did the right thing, or the totally wrong thing. The nail healed up really well and I remove the enhancement with no probs about a week or so later. It's never happened since so I've not had the chance to see if I'd develop a big green finger by treating it in the same way. Can anyone tell me the correct way to treat this kind of injury, please?

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com

You poor thing... please go treat yourself to some ice cream or whatever you like. Oh my goodness, I was cringing the entire time I read this.

OUCH you poor love

I did the same thing some time ago but...........did not remove the enhancement I just cleaned the area with antiseptic spray and pulled the two sections apart slightly and glued it back together eased the pain straight away I then put a couple of coats of resin on top for strength and let it grow out in its own time.........a lot less painful option one thinks lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back