I'm new-help needed, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceroy98

Reaction score
Hi hope ur all well I am new on here and would like ur advice please,
I av always used acrylic but recently been introduced to red carpet gel which I love.. to me it semms quicker and easier. However I am starting to get a fab range of thermel gel colours etc, I have never been able to grow my nails till I started using false nails over my nat nails the gel them.
As I want to keep the false nails on my question is how do i take the gel off my nails WITHOUT the acetone taking off the false nail too. I love changing my nail colour but i av struggled as web I take colour off the false nail comes off too which then takes longer as I av to put a new set of false nails on too,

How can I I remove the gel structure,gel colour, brilliance off my false nail without removing the false nails please?
My method is acetone on cotton pads wrapped in foil please help all u lovely professionals out there thank from trace x:biggrin:

Hi hope ur all well I am new on here and would like ur advice please,
I av always used acrylic but recently been introduced to red carpet gel which I love.. to me it semms quicker and easier. However I am starting to get a fab range of thermel gel colours etc, I have never been able to grow my nails till I started using false nails over my nat nails the gel them.
As I want to keep the false nails on my question is how do i take the gel off my nails WITHOUT the acetone taking off the false nail too. I love changing my nail colour but i av struggled as web I take colour off the false nail comes off too which then takes longer as I av to put a new set of false nails on too,

How can I I remove the gel structure,gel colour, brilliance off my false nail without removing the false nails please?
My method is acetone on cotton pads wrapped in foil please help all u lovely professionals out there thank from trace x:biggrin:

Hi!! Welcome to SG!

I wear Brisa Enhancements - to remove my Shellac I simply file off with a 180 grit file until I get down to the enhancement. Then you're ready to apply a new colour. You don't need the base coat on enhancements.

Hth xx

Thank for ur reply I am new to nails so don't know enhancements sorry if i sound thick lol
Basically I apply the normal false nails via feathering into nat nail, cut down then do the red carpet gel nail process, but i want to change the colour without soaking off the false nails too. Than you for your reply tho and than you for the welcome x

Thank for ur reply I am new to nails so don't know enhancements sorry if i sound thick lol
Basically I apply the normal false nails via feathering into nat nail, cut down then do the red carpet gel nail process, but i want to change the colour without soaking off the false nails too. Than you for your reply tho and than you for the welcome x
You need to:
- apply a tip
- apply clear gel (build the apex and so on so the extension is strong)
- apply a colour and top coat.
Then if you wanna change you only buff off the colour and apply new colour on the clear gel like TheRealMrsGrey says. If you applied coloured gel on extension you need to remove it all and start from the scratch using clear gel as adviced.
Hth :)

Www than you so instead of soaking off u basically file it down to the false nail and run threw your gel process.. instead of soaking off.. than you so much ur a star. Ways the best file to use I av just bought the full pack of ez flow fo wolf... etc way grit is for filing over the tops is it a 180. Than you for ur help

I have had the thermal glitter cerise on that changes to pale pink but my tropical peach orange as arrived so want to change already lol my poor hub by there is so much choice in gel colours lol x

Blinking predictive text sorry hope u understood the message sorry x

Latest posts

Back