I'm not a Hair Geek, but...........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O There's a serious influx of people giving out pro advice to non pros this week, starting to gripe me a little so I thought I'd state it here instead of the individual threads, don't wanna get called a bully again for helpful probing questions but seriously why are people spoon feeding non pros on hair stuff? Does this happen in nails & skin too?

o_O There's a serious influx of people giving out pro advice to non pros this week, starting to gripe me a little so I thought I'd state it here instead of the individual threads, don't wanna get called a bully again for helpful probing questions but seriously why are people spoon feeding non pros on hair stuff? Does this happen in nails & skin too?
Hit the report button so we can deal with it :D

Yes. Quite a lot lately

Oooo I feel the need to repeat this this week.... I'm at the point where I am reading threads then just going back off them without replying! Some of the threads are so stupid! ... mama always said if you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all... I have nothing nice to say... just needed to vent that here...

I feel it too!

Hi everyone!

I am a non pro with some experience and a little knowledge. I was hoping I could get advice on how to dye my hair on my own (using professional products), but now that I read this thread I won't do this anymore. I totally understand that pro stylists are not going to teach people how to do their own hair after years of learning, and I know everything that could go wrong in DIY.

I actually live in Brazil and in my town there aren't many good stylists. The good ones cost more than I can afford, and I also don't like their style very much, they're quite old-fashioned. It's a full minimum wage for highlights and color - imagine something around 1000 USD or GBP. There are certainly many stylists worth this price, but I really can't afford it.

Hi everyone!

I am a non pro with some experience and a little knowledge. I was hoping I could get advice on how to dye my hair on my own (using professional products), but now that I read this thread I won't do this anymore. I totally understand that pro stylists are not going to teach people how to do their own hair after years of learning, and I know everything that could go wrong in DIY.

I actually live in Brazil and in my town there aren't many good stylists. The good ones cost more than I can afford, and I also don't like their style very much, they're quite old-fashioned. It's a full minimum wage for highlights and color - imagine something around 1000 USD or GBP. There are certainly many stylists worth this price, but I really can't afford it.
Do you have training colleges in Brazil? In the uk you can go to a college salon & get your hair done by a person who's training, they are supervised by a teacher and it costs a fraction of the price of a salon service, it helps you out price wise & it helps the trainee get experience :)

Latest posts

Back