I'm pregnant :) Oh, and advice wanted, lol!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Two weeks ago I found out I'm pregnant, and despite a very rough fortnight, I'm now getting used to the idea of having a lovely little creature that's mine all mine :green: I just wanted to ask, are there any modifications I should make at work? I do a lot of swedish massage, and also wanted to know how far into their pregnancies other geeks continued to do this?

Hoping everyone is well, haven't visited for a while...

Nic x

Congratulations hun. Hope you're not feeling too rough.:hug:
Unless you have any early problems you should be able to carry on as usual, but let your body be your guide. If it feels uncomfortable, don't do it.
Be aware of the effects of essential oils, some are contra-indicated for use during pregnancy, I'd think that would include the person applying them too!
Once again congratulations.xxx

Thanks for your response :) I'm studying for my Complementary Therapy degree at the moment, and I've been assured it's okay for me to handle the oils as they aren't readily absorbed into the palms.
Only reason I was curious about when other geeks stopped doing vigorous massage is because I don't work for myself, so don't really have a choice whether to do it or not. Things are okay, despite a scare last week :)

Congratulation hun!
When i was pregnant with my little girl i didnt use any aromatherapy oil from the word go,obviously its down to personal preference but i just didnt want to risk it.I stopped doing any detox treatments but carried on doing everything else.I work up until i was 37 weeks but i was able to cut my hours down slightly and i stopped doing massage when i started to feel uncomfortable.Obviously it depends on how big you get how quickly but i think i was about 28 plus week.Just listen to your body and it will tell you how much to do.xxx

Congratulations hun. Hope you're not feeling too rough.:hug:
Unless you have any early problems you should be able to carry on as usual, but let your body be your guide. If it feels uncomfortable, don't do it.
Be aware of the effects of essential oils, some are contra-indicated for use during pregnancy, I'd think that would include the person applying them too!
Once again congratulations.xxx
totally agree with pink mummy!!!!! congrats hun also from you xxxxx

also be aware of your posture hun , during pregnancey our ligaments soften up so make sure you stand, sit and lift etc properly hun.
oh and big congratulations hun xxxxxxxx

Ahh congraulations hunny x

Congratulations...I worked until i couldnt get near to the couch...Just listen to your body.

Can't give any advice, but just wanted to say congratulations.:hug:

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!! Just take things at your own pace, like others have said everyones different & your body will let you know your limits, but you have to listen to them!!! All the best for the coming months!!!!! :hug: :)

Many congratulations!

I wouldn't do swedish massage at all, it's the turning and twisting, and the pressure you are exerting on your body. I gave up full body massages when I was pregnant, for the health of me and baby altho I did miss it.

You need to also not be carrying or lifting things now.

Latest posts

Back