I'm selling up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indulgebeauty

Reaction score
after posting my previous thread and taking on the advice given, i've decided to sell my first salon! I am focusing on my second one in a better area with more beauty clients (not just tanners).

problem is i don't want an estate agent to put a sign on the shop saying for sale as i think this will make my current customers go and look elsewhere for another salon, so where should i advertise? I want a private quick and easy sale, no middle man!

what about in the back of nail and beauty mags like scratch??

Speak to Alex Fox xxHTHxx

You just tell the estate agent that you don't want a sign out side the salon, lots of salon owners that sell don't have a sign up,
the estate agents will have a list of people that are interested in certain businesses and will be on a mailing list,
every month the agent sends out a list of properties in the buyers required area and price range for them to look at hth

You just tell the estate agent that you don't want a sign out side the salon, lots of salon owners that sell don't have a sign up,
the estate agents will have a list of people that are interested in certain businesses and will be on a mailing list,
every month the agent sends out a list of properties in the buyers required area and price range for them to look at hth

do you know roughly how much they charge for this?

do you know roughly how much they charge for this?
best advice hun would be,go to estate agent,s and ask what they can do for you and how much.....then go to another estate agent,s and do the same....get best quote and go for it.....well done for selling up aswell ....good luck xxx

Estate agents usually charge a set percentage and you can normally negotiate with them and get the price down, everything is included in the price and then you will have legal fees on top of that.
Make sure you shop around for a conveyancer and an estate agent as prices vary dramatically :)

Also be very careful with some of them. There are some dedicated commercial agents, SBS is one of them. They are national agents and in the small print they tie you in to 15 months plus then extra months on top of that. Remove yourself before this time is up and before you know it they have sent you court papers and demanding their fee for the sale that hasn't happend.

This happend to me a couple of years ago, I paid £600 up front, for 5 months I didn't get one viewing, so I put a £45 add into my local paper and got loads of interest. I phoned the estate agent up and told them that I was taking it off with them, as they hadn't sent anybody to me I couldn't be accused of doing a sneeky deal with a client as I had had no clients off them. Next thing they were taking me to court for £2,000. So beware of the small print when selling:eek:

Also be very careful with some of them. There are some dedicated commercial agents, SBS is one of them. They are national agents and in the small print they tie you in to 15 months plus then extra months on top of that. Remove yourself before this time is up and before you know it they have sent you court papers and demanding their fee for the sale that hasn't happend.

This happend to me a couple of years ago, I paid £600 up front, for 5 months I didn't get one viewing, so I put a £45 add into my local paper and got loads of interest. I phoned the estate agent up and told them that I was taking it off with them, as they hadn't sent anybody to me I couldn't be accused of doing a sneeky deal with a client as I had had no clients off them. Next thing they were taking me to court for £2,000. So beware of the small print when selling:eek:

yeah this happened to a friend of mine as well and another company called RTA also the same charging really high fees and when the come and value your business they over inflate the price so you never get any interest and you still have to pay them thats how they make their money.

A lot of people sell their salon on the net via LOOT or Gumtree etc.

How about you Google 'Salons for Sale' and find out that way who peeps are selling them though. Good luck. x

There's this company Hair and Beauty Sales

I don't know anything about them, I just happened to come across them on the internet one day, so please don't take this post as a personal recommendation! :) But they may be able to help you.

Sorry hun i have no idea how much this costs, this is how i found my salon, once i had said yes to the lady to buying it she ditched the estate agent and we did the sale through solicitors to save money,
the estate agent was earnest wilson, they do business sales hth

Estate Agents (around here) take 1.5% of the final sale price for a house and 3% for a commercial business sale. That's only with minimal advertising, if you want it advertised nationally - the sky's the limit.
HTH

thanks i have taken all your advice on board, i put an ad in my local paper and it went in about 6 papers all across cheshire for £38. Had 3 phone calls since wed and my first viewing was today. I really want to sell before xmas but it isn't looking juopeful. I have placed an ad on ebay, gumtree and buy and sell so hopefully more calls will come flooding in.

fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back