I'm so annoyed with myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
I am absolutely kicking myself for being a total idiot yesterday afternoon. I came home from work, exactly the same as I have done for the last four years, and as I pulled onto my drive I managed to mix up my accelerator with my brake and ploughed straight into my garage door! :mad:
I'm not really sure what happened, I remember trying to brake but too late. The garage door is wrecked, the front of my car is a mess but the worst thing is I have another car in the garage waiting to be sold! The garage door went into it an wrecked the front and the car was pushed back into a load of stuff we have stored at the back and wrecked the back! And it's not insured!!! :Scared:
It's £650+ to fix the garage door and who knows how much to fix the cars.
I was so worried about admitting it all to my husband but when he saw the mess he just laughed and gave me a hug :Love:
I'm so angry at myself for such a ridiculous mistake to make but at least no-one was hurt and I'm starting to laugh about it all a bit now :D

Oh poor you!!! You're so lucky to have such an understanding and sympathetic husband. Mine would have sued for divorce. :eek:

You need to put this on the "silly things we do" thread.

I know it's a complete nightmare now but at least you've got support and in about 2 months time, if not sooner, it will all be over and forgotten about.

Count your blessings, it could have been worse. Like a motorway pile-up.

Oh bless.:hug:
(Speaking as one who reversed into her husband's car on the driveway......:o)

Wow what a lovely husband! But bless yu I would've beat myself up about it and sobbed... Then laughed weeks later about it :) will be a funny memory one day it's one of those bloody things!

Oh don't worry about it, it's only metal, as long as you're OK.

My sister did better than that, she came down the drive, missed the garage completely and accelerated into the house!

My hubby is just waiting for the day I knock the garden wall down trying to get into the driveway ! It's just asking for it :irked:

Oh poor you, I hope it's all sorted soon, is anything insured ?

You know your insured for the garage door right.

Oh gosh! Feel for you. Never mind no one was hurt like you said.

What a lovely husband you have too.

Thank you for all your kind words. You're all right when you say my husband is an angel....he has to be living with me! Lol
Luckily I can claim for the garage door on my car insurance as it is a rented house and classed as 3rd party damage. I'm not going to bother claiming on the car I was driving as it's only used for putting dogs in to walk and I don't think it has a single us damaged panel lol.
The one in the garage is the most upsetting. Quite badly bashed and uninsured but I'm sure I can sort something out.
The problem now is that I'm really nervous about it happening again and driving in general :sad: I hope it passes as I spend a lot of time in the car!

The problem now is that I'm really nervous about it happening again and driving in general :sad: I hope it passes as I spend a lot of time in the car!

I wouldn't worry too much, i did have a "argument" with the lamppost outside my house in my first years driving, I felt so stupid and it did really knock my confidence. But you just need to forget about it. No harm was done to you or anyone else, it was just a blip. You'll laugh about it when it's all over!

You poor thing :hug:

I know it's hard but try to forget about it, it's done now so worrying and feeling bad won't change anything. You must be in shock above all, do maybe you could run yourself a bath, stick your head into a good book to take your mind off it and then have a cuddle with your lovely hubby :hug:

It will all be sorted soon, one way or another :)

Awwwwww thanks ladies, you're all lovely! :Love:

oh dear, poor you. I've never hit another car but I've made a good job of smashing up the token machine for a car wash. So embarrassing! Glad you're ok xx

Latest posts

Back