I'm so sick of spots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassies97

Reaction score
So for a few years now I've suffered with acne, its never been specified to me by a doctor what type of acne. Its always been around me mouth, chin and jaw, never anywhere else however i get the odd spot on my forehead or brow.

Its pretty consistently like this:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457912872.332853.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457912923.444753.jpg

I've tried duac, antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide, all of which worked for about a week. I'm currently trying duac again because everyone who i know its worked for them and i clean my face properly now as a few years ago i didn't take care of my skin.

Its ends up like this after a week of using anything:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457913069.335473.jpg

Then it goes straight back to the way it was in the first two pictures. The second of which i've just taken now!

I wash my face twice a day with quinoderm anti-bacterial face wash and a clarisonic, I use micellar water after the morning and night wash, then at night i apply the duac and then moisturise once its absorbed.

I'm not sure if the fact i'm going through a lot of really difficult stuff lately had anything to do with it flaring up because its been bad mostly from September onwards?

Any help would be much appreciated. They really get me down sometimes[emoji17]

P.s sorry for the longwinded nature of this post!

I'm no skin expert but I would of thought stress Would have something to do with it aswell? It effects everything doesn't it!

My sister suffers quiet bad on her face she gets so self conscience and puts more make up on to try and cover it up therefore making it worse! She visits a dermatologist so maybe a trip to the doctors for a referral?

I'll have a sneak peek at what she uses tomorrow for you!

Hopefully one of the beauty geeks might be able to help you more x

I'm no skin expert but I would of thought stress Would have something to do with it aswell? It effects everything doesn't it!

My sister suffers quiet bad on her face she gets so self conscience and puts more make up on to try and cover it up therefore making it worse! She visits a dermatologist so maybe a trip to the doctors for a referral?

I'll have a sneak peek at what she uses tomorrow for you!

Hopefully one of the beauty geeks might be able to help you more x

I mean it does flare up when i'm not stressed too.

Tbh i don't think they'd give me a referral cause they haven't already and i've been a million times but i'll ask and be persistent! Thanks Lauren x

Hi there are you shaving in the area where you breakout?

Hi there are you shaving in the area where you breakout?

Nope i only get facial hair underneath my chin and on my upper lip

I've always suffered with my skin and since October I have been using environ products and taking their acne supplements my skin is looking amazing look it up even if you only take the supplement you will see a massive difference. Also try and avoid dairy and decrease your intake of vit c as problematic doesn't like it x

My daughter suffers and tried everything she will be taking accutane when she goes next but they prescribe that as a last resort.. Have look into it cams but the side effects on this stuff is terrible.. Hop this helps

So sorry you're suffering with this, it looks very sore. The area it is, iirc, is hormonal. Have you had your levels checked by GP? Do you suffer from any conditions? Might be something to discuss x

You definitely need a visit to a salon offering advanced skin care treatments. I personally work with RegimA and would recommend a package including acne peel, ipl and radio sonic treatments in salon, with homecare products too. You wiuld notice a massive improvement by switching to cosmeceutical skincare products. Acne prone skin tends to be sensitive and lots of the products prescribed by Drs or bought in shops for acne are much too strong-think skin equivalent of head and shoulders shampoo, or the even stronger medicated shampoos that completely strip the hair [emoji85]

Look for a salon that uses RegimA, Environ or similar x

Thanks for all the replies! I'll look into salons with Environ!

@Pinkbunny28 no i haven't had my hormone levels checked maybe thats something I should seek GP's advice on!

I use Nixon conditioner on my spots and they clear away but I know someone who has really bad boils and acne and he used vitamin b4 out of Holland and barratt and within months he never has a single spot I swear by it

Have you ever thought that the products that your using are actually too strong for your skin and a mixture of stress and sleep don't help either! Hormonal acne are the worst as we can't control it.

I had quite bad acne/ whiteheads around my chin/ forehead and I would use products that had salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to strip the oiliness or dry out the acne which would work for a couple of weeks but it came back sometimes the same or worse.

I also found after the summer or a holiday in the sun my acne cleared.

Finally after having a blood test to see if I was lacking any iron or vitamins. I was lacking Vitamin d2 which is what we get from the sun (in the uk we hardly get any). I'm currently on two months of Vitamin d3 tablets prescribed by my doctor.
I'm sleeping more, stressing less and using gentle facial products which has changed a big deal of my skin!

I have very oily skin too especially around my t-zone.

My routine:
Washing my face with Avene Gel Cleanser

Dry my face

Avene Spring water spray to calm my skin (apply moisturiser straight after)

Of a day I use Clinique Gel moisturiser

Of a night Origin Gel moisturiser

Then on my chin I apply some Avene hydrance Riche cream on the (dry areas)

For me it's all about trial and error and stripping my face of its natural oils was a big no no!

Your skin needs moisture too and drinking 2 litres of water helps you internally getting rid of toxins.

Have you ever thought that the products that your using are actually too strong for your skin and a mixture of stress and sleep don't help either! Hormonal acne are the worst as we can't control it.

I had quite bad acne/ whiteheads around my chin/ forehead and I would use products that had salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to strip the oiliness or dry out the acne which would work for a couple of weeks but it came back sometimes the same or worse.

I also found after the summer or a holiday in the sun my acne cleared.

Finally after having a blood test to see if I was lacking any iron or vitamins. I was lacking Vitamin d2 which is what we get from the sun (in the uk we hardly get any). I'm currently on two months of Vitamin d3 tablets prescribed by my doctor.
I'm sleeping more, stressing less and using gentle facial products which has changed a big deal of my skin!

I have very oily skin too especially around my t-zone.

My routine:
Washing my face with Avene Gel Cleanser

Dry my face

Avene Spring water spray to calm my skin (apply moisturiser straight after)

Of a day I use Clinique Gel moisturiser

Of a night Origin Gel moisturiser

Then on my chin I apply some Avene hydrance Riche cream on the (dry areas)

For me it's all about trial and error and stripping my face of its natural oils was a big no no!

Your skin needs moisture too and drinking 2 litres of water helps you internally getting rid of toxins.

Do you think i should have a blood test then?

Maybe my skin is too sensitive for the products I'm using and i don't get a lot of sleep!

Try the oral supplements for acne first, a lot of my younger clients who have acne or a lot of breakouts try taking them and it really does help.
Did you know your vitamins B and calcium also help your body handle stress and feed your nervous system. The vit C helps to fight infection so a good multivitamin is essential in today's lifestyle we live and our food nowadays are so processed even full of pesticides so we need to use supplements which in the days gone by we didn't need to.

Also check your pillow slips change those every 3 days and your towels you wash your face with. Thes small yet simple changes can help as bacteria builds up on these items as we sleep etc and we don't even think to change them as often as we should.

Avoid picking !
Also I think your treatment you using is too harsh for your skin, a common misconception is to use very astringent products when Infact it can create oil production.
Environ makes a starter kit at a reasonable price not sure if it's avail in the uk but we have a sebu range for acne prone skins and has everything you need.

Did you know vit A also is essential for your immune and skin so look for oral supplement with vit A levels

See if you can get prescribed Retin A from the doctors.
I had it a few of years ago and it was amazing!
It proper dries them out and goes flaky but the new skin after is great

@cams97 where you are there should be quite a few environ salons. However, not all are great. There is a new protocol for acne skins and break outs with environ that's getting great feedback.

It sounds as though your breakouts are hormonal so that would be treated with our accumax supplement. Topically ditch the clarisonic. This is way to harsh for any skin. If you're cleansing properly it's complete overkill.

The protocol for environ isn't cheap. It's a face wash, supplements, a regular home peel and so on - and ironically a topical oil. If you want to chat through costs etc pm me and I'll give you my number and can run through it with you. I'm actually in Formby next Saturday - don't know whereabouts you are.

Let me know if you're interested.

Vic x

@cams97 where you are there should be quite a few environ salons. However, not all are great. There is a new protocol for acne skins and break outs with environ that's getting great feedback.

It sounds as though your breakouts are hormonal so that would be treated with our accumax supplement. Topically ditch the clarisonic. This is way to harsh for any skin. If you're cleansing properly it's complete overkill.

The protocol for environ isn't cheap. It's a face wash, supplements, a regular home peel and so on - and ironically a topical oil. If you want to chat through costs etc pm me and I'll give you my number and can run through it with you. I'm actually in Formby next Saturday - don't know whereabouts you are.

Let me know if you're interested.

Vic x

Uh oh[emoji30]

To be honest the clarisonic has actually helped a lot! I got it in feb and they're not as violent as they were september-jan! I don't apply much pressure with it.

I'll pm you now. Formby is about an hour from me x

So for a few years now I've suffered with acne, its never been specified to me by a doctor what type of acne. Its always been around me mouth, chin and jaw, never anywhere else however i get the odd spot on my forehead or brow.

Its pretty consistently like this:
View attachment 195169
View attachment 195170

I've tried duac, antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide, all of which worked for about a week. I'm currently trying duac again because everyone who i know its worked for them and i clean my face properly now as a few years ago i didn't take care of my skin.

Its ends up like this after a week of using anything:View attachment 195171

Then it goes straight back to the way it was in the first two pictures. The second of which i've just taken now!

I wash my face twice a day with quinoderm anti-bacterial face wash and a clarisonic, I use micellar water after the morning and night wash, then at night i apply the duac and then moisturise once its absorbed.

I'm not sure if the fact i'm going through a lot of really difficult stuff lately had anything to do with it flaring up because its been bad mostly from September onwards?

Any help would be much appreciated. They really get me down sometimes[emoji17]

P.s sorry for the longwinded nature of this post!

Your diet perhaps? The lack of V E G and F R U I T ?? [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41] and are you a picker?

I have really bad skin but I pick spots I squeeze things I should just leave alone which causes bigger breakouts

And every person I speak to about their skin (especially spots) touches their face all the time! I sit there saying "leave it alone! " ;)

Latest posts

Back