I'm stuck! Fancy dress ideas needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraceyJoJo

Reaction score
One of my best friends is having a party next Saturday.

The theme is 'Heroes and Villains'.

Hubby is flatly refusing to go so I'm going with another friend who's also got a boring hubby! So we need to think of something we can both go as, as a pair. But...it has to be cheap or even better, free and not anything that involves tights or short skirts (Wonder Woman is definately out!). Think baggy or flowy!

So, any ideas please? The best we can come up with is 'Cagney and Lacey':eek:

Does one of you have short hair? How about Tony and Cherie?

Thelma & Louise?

what about a couple of "ghostbusters" - a pair of overalls each with a ghostbuster logo painted on the back and a kids water soaker for your ray guns.

Or, Men in Black - easy that one

I had a heroes and villains party for my 40th and here are some of the characters people went as

Batman and robin
Pocahontis
Zorro
The grim reaper
Xena princess Warrior
Wonder woman
The munsters
Robber and policeman
Wizard
witch
Men in Black
Pirate
Anthony and Cleopatra

Can't think of any more at the mo

Both got longish hair, one dark, the other going red due to lack of funds to get it coloured again lol. Because my mate is tall and stick like, we always used to dress her up as the man so she's fed up with it now bless her!

Am liking Thelma and Lousie tho! Dark glasses will come in handy by the end of the night!

Does one of you have short hair? How about Tony and Cherie?

Are they heroes or villians? :lol: (Sorry, couldn't resist:smack:)

How about going as nurses?

what about a couple of "ghostbusters" - a pair of overalls each with a ghostbuster logo painted on the back and a kids water soaker for your ray guns.

Or, Men in Black - easy that one

I had a heroes and villains party for my 40th and here are some of the characters people went as

Batman and robin
Pocahontis
Zorro
The grim reaper
Xena princess Warrior
Wonder woman
The munsters
Robber and policeman
Wizard
witch
Men in Black
Pirate
Anthony and Cleopatra

Can't think of any more at the mo

Ha Ha! We done the Ghostbusters while we were at college! Thats bought back some memories, thanks! Crisp boxes on our back with some bunson burners tubing stuck to them with kitchen rolls on the end!

Fab suggestions there, cheers!

Both got longish hair, one dark, the other going red due to lack of funds to get it coloured again lol. Because my mate is tall and stick like, we always used to dress her up as the man so she's fed up with it now bless her!

Am liking Thelma and Lousie tho! Dark glasses will come in handy by the end of the night!
Yup, dark glasses, scarf, red lippy and the fact that your mate has reddish hair. You can even do the accent. There you go and it won't cost a fortune either. Glad to have helped:green:.

An american policewoman or prison officer and Paris Hilton.

How about.....

Bonnie & Clyde (1930's style gansters male & female tho)
Tom & Jerry
Laurel & Hardy !
Punk Rockers......cheap as chips - bin bags, safety pins, lots of chains & loadsa hair gel & wash out hair colours.Old ripped black tights/stocking!

My husband & I went to a new year fancy dress and I was a flapper girl & he was dressed in suit with a boater....by 10pm we got plastered and went into the loo's and swapped clothes - guess what - he got chatted up!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

An american policewoman or prison officer and Paris Hilton.

Ha ha! Made me giggle ta!

My husband & I went to a new year fancy dress and I was a flapper girl & he was dressed in suit with a boater....by 10pm we got plastered and went into the loo's and swapped clothes - guess what - he got chatted up!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like a good night Bev! Ta for the suggestions. I'm currently swaying towards Thelma and Louise as it sounds easy (can you tell I dont really want to go lol!)

Latest posts

Back