I'm thick...what is tip and dip please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
As the title suggests...what does it mean? I'm only familiar with L&P and gel. Where have I been?:eek:

I covered tip and dip in my first lot of gel training (which wasn't great)
Think it's resin and acrylic powder??

I covered tip and dip in my first lot of gel training (which wasn't great)
Think it's resin and acrylic powder??

Huh? What about it though? How is it applied? I'm very confused.

Google it my darling, you will find all you want to know there.

I am surprised you haven't come across it as it's been around for a long time now and is relaunched under different brand names on a regular basis.

It's a pity really that it isn't as good as marketing would lead us to believe as it is a great concept really. :wink2:

I am surprised you haven't come across it as it's been around for a long time now and is relaunched under different brand names on a regular basis.

It's a pity really that it isn't as good as marketing would lead us to believe as it is a great concept really. :wink2:

Thanks. I just had a look on YouTube and found a tutorial. Funny I've never heard of it before. Is it really rubbish? Why?

Layers of adhesive resin dipped in powder. Problem is that chemically it is not cross linked so it lacks strength ,, similar to Wraps in lack of strength .. There is absolutely nothing new about tip n dip and it has never been a player in the enhancement stakes. Surprised there is any talk about it. Very little skill required.

Layers of adhesive resin dipped in powder. Problem is that chemically it is not cross linked so it lacks strength ,, similar to Wraps in lack of strength .. There is absolutely nothing new about tip n dip and it has never been a player in the enhancement stakes. Surprised there is any talk about it. Very little skill required.

Thanks Geeg, I shan't be going there. Just curious. :confused:

It's rubbish, that's what it is. :Scared:

Qualified in it. Ditched it. :rolleyes:

No, don't go there.

I've booked onto a free course in July which I fear from the description is another tip and dip system, personally I prefer fibreglass for 'weekend' nails rather than tip and dip.

Hello,
My name is Barbie, very new here. I was wondering if anyone like SNS.
I have a friend that wants me to get it so I can do her nails but it's soooo
expensive. Just wondered if anyone uses it alot?

Hello,
My name is Barbie, very new here. I was wondering if anyone like SNS.
I have a friend that wants me to get it so I can do her nails but it's soooo
expensive. Just wondered if anyone uses it alot?
I just looked this up and am flabbergasted that they can say that their product doesn't use harsh chemicals but in the faqs it says it is Benzoyl Peroxide, Titatum Dioxide and Acrylic Ester Polymer!

Good grief another tip and dip system....they are like buses, none for ages then 2 come along at once lol!

Latest posts

Back