I'm thinking of changing my branding image

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my branding image I have a mobile spa service that's about six months old. I've notice that 90% of my customers are professional women in their mid to late thirties. At the moment my logo design is bright pink so I thought something a bit calmer might appeal more to the type of customers that are attracted to my services.

I want to convey a sense of calm and serenity with a hint of luxury so I was thinking of forest green and white or gold and white for the font colour.

My company's name is The Beauty Parlour, it's a bit boring so I'm not sure if I should change that too. I've thought of a few replacement names (Waterlilly spa; Cherry Blossom Spa or Exquisite nail & beauty.

I've made a few mock up designs ( I made them on paintshop with a curly motif and a photo from the internet and it took about 10 minutes to slap together they're just a visual guide so you can see the direction I want to go in)

I'd like some helpful tips

Thanks xx

I've added 2 attachments but I'm not sure if you'll be able to see them, they're call green and gold options and origanal name green and gold if you can't see them you can click on my profile and look in the 'new logo' album in my photographs

If you do home visits, I would reflect that in the name. Something along the lines of 'Home Body' or better still, use your own name.

I couldn't see the links. xx

I like the name beauty parlour is does exactly what it says. but I also like waterlilly spa, although spa is generally associated with water and water treatments and as you are mobile it may not be the name for you.

I like the gold and green colour, but I would take the strange person out of the logo, yes its a lady in the lotus position but it doesn't look good visually.

what treatments do you mainly offer?

i like the green logo as aposed to the gold .. personally and this is only my own opinion - if a business name had the word "spa" in it and no mention of the the services being mobile, i would expect to be going to a bricks and mortar venue perhaps with water features, a swimming pool etc for spa treatments .. just my opinion though :)

Last edited:
I like the name beauty parlour is does exactly what it says. but I also like waterlilly spa, although spa is generally associated with water and water treatments and as you are mobile it may not be the name for you.

I like the gold and green colour, but I would take the strange person out of the logo, yes its a lady in the lotus position but it doesn't look good visually.

what treatments do you mainly offer?

There is no way you would realise this but the lady is actually the geek who posted this. :eek::hug: I remember her posting this up to get feedback and it wasn't really good feedback about the logo in general. She has changed it since to the avatar picture but it still shows her. She basically loved the picture of herself, was quite proud and wanted to retain it so she is portraying her business.

I thought it was a strange pose for a beauty business but a quick position change would be more appropriate. The white background looks a lot nicer but I couldn't see a close up version of it.

On a business note, if you can put the marketing behind it then a re-brand is ok to do. Think carefully about the name though, it needs to be right as you don't want to change it again in months to come.

Good luck
x

There is no way you would realise this but the lady is actually the geek who posted this. :eek::hug: I remember her posting this up to get feedback and it wasn't really good feedback about the logo in general. She has changed it since to the avatar picture but it still shows her. She basically loved the picture of herself, was quite proud and wanted to retain it so she is portraying her business.

x

Whoa, when you say it like that it sounds kind of weird that I'd want to be the face of my own business? Too true I didn't like the feedback I got last time but I guess that's because everyone else didn't like the concept I came up with:lol:

I do like that picture what's not to like? (I think anyone who says that they don't like looking at themself {note that I said looking at themself and not the way that they look} is a liar:eek:) :hug:Here's a hug for anyone whose not ashamed to say they too are a closet narcissist:lol: Anyways I'm still looking for something that really works and if the concept I came up with this time isn't as good as it could be I'll definately be back posting a new one because where better to look for feedback then on a forum full of experienced professionals and as you can see from the 'mock up' of the new concept I'm nowhere to be seen.

Moving on...I definately want to own a spa but I'm finishing up an Honours Degree at Varsity and I like the freedom that being mobile gives me so I'd like to have something that could easily represent my business at the moment and in the future without having to make too many changes. I do nails, make-up, holistic massage, light facials and skin care (no electrics) and waxing.

Funnily enough I saw the same picture of the woman doing the lotus position on an English website so must be a stock picture.

Glad that you are going to keep working on your logo and your name, as you said yourself, it took 10 minutes to slap together so spend a bit longer on getting it right.

What you will get from the geeks is opinions because that is what you ask for, but its good to get varied opinions, its market research.

I prefer the pink to the green and gold. It looks pretty and fresh. If 90% of your clients are professional women in 35-40 age bracket then you haven't put them off so far with the pink. I think it's fine that you use your own picture to advertise what you do. If you really want to change your logo and the image of your buisness how about a picture of yourself looking professional in a therapist tunic, possibly carrying out a treatment. x

Latest posts

Back