I'm trying to get back into doing nails again, but need a little help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlc88

Reaction score
Hi all,
When i was in college 2 years ago i was using the products IBD, And they are rubbish i personally think.
I stopped doing nails as i fount that they were all falling off soon and not lasting.
Iv now got the products Millenium, And I do the odd nails on my sister and friend But the nails are still lifting and falling off for ex- on my sisters wedding i didher nails the night before, And when her groom walked down the isle, The little finger nail only bloody fell off. lol. Which was really embarrasing for her and myself :rolleyes:

I love doing nail art and really want to get back into doing nails... Sooo can anybody advise me on what products, And how to use then step by step?

The step im doing at the minute is...

step 1- i file the nail, small and in shape
step 2- i sometimes use a dehydrater
step 3- apply tip
step 4 i file the tip to correct size
step 5- i apply a thin cote of millenium gel
step 6- put in UV lamp for 3 minutes
step 7- i apply 2 more extra coats then.
step 3- i cleanse the nail so the sticky due has gone.

And still they only last less then a week.
Thankyou for those that do help me :)

Where is your cuticle work?
Why do u only sometimes use dehydrator?
Do u not use primer/bonder?

Nails don't just fall off, there is always a reason why x

Are you blending the tip?

You shouldn't stop trying when you hit problems :) find the reason behind the problem and fix it.

The fact that you do no cuticle work, and hit and miss with other essential steps is likely to be the problem.

Who did you train with?

I've been using ibd since I've started. Only problem I've had was heat spikes. Although you don't really need to blend tips (white tips) your prep lacks cuticle work and cleansing of the nail plates. There's also no usage of bonder of any sort. If your enhancements are popping off, it could be down to prep and/or moisture on the nail plates.

See im rubbish.. lol. No not really. I did actually forget to mention cuticle work :-/.. I do push cuticles back and clip away the dead bits, And i got told to only use a dehydrater when theres nail dust on the nail still, And just to let you all know ( i did go to burton college ) which was a total waste or time, They were terrible.
But i dont use a primer, But been told too recently.
Can anyone think of a good gel product to be using?
I only blend the tip if its clear, If white i got taught to leave how it is? :-/

Thankyou very much for all replys.
I need this help and really appriciate it.

And i got told to only use a dehydrater when theres nail dust on the nail still

You most definitely need to use some type of cleanser (like scrub fresh) on the natural nail after removing shine whether there's visible dust or not. What we can't see can still effect the results.

As for primer/bonder. If your gel system comes with one, you should use the one it comes with. Ibd has a binder that you cure for a minute before applying the gel, but then again I'm pretty sure most complete gel systems include their own bonder that's meant to work with their system. Have a search in forums for different reviews of the different gels out there. xx

I trained using Millenium (and swiftly re-trained with a better product!) and we were taught to always use the primer/bonder.

Thankyou all, And especially chickafish for that information.
I have now looked around and saw a few id like to try out, Iv seen Star gel has a thickening gel out so i might try that.
Think a thick gel might work good for me, As the millienium is always running down.
Thankyou all again. :)
x

Good luck! Maybe you can try to train with another company? Young Nails synergy gel is good. It's a very easy system to use. I hear good things about CND Brisa and Biosculpture as well :)

Latest posts

Back