I'm very low, been put on sertraline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You took two! Wow. I was still zonked on half a tab. I think with anything, you'll get used to it. I'm on fluoxetine (Prozac type) and no side effects but when I was on citralopram I was rattling, similar to what you are describing.

i know im an idiot.
took 1, hour and half later couldnt feel anything working, then took another and that must have done the trick, hubby says i was dead to the world.

I'll have one tonight and be done with it.
if only the doc give me temazepan i know that would work :o

I took my zopiclone and decided to stay up a bit later afterwards, I was like a drunk man I couldn't stand and my words were all slurred, I could feel it happening lol.

Anti-depressants are non addictive and are a life saver. Keep taking them and by three weeks time you'll feel great again. x

I just want to be normal again, my passion for all things nails has plummeted, this can't be right, everything is pointless at the mo

Before you know it you will be back to yourself. It's amazing the amount of people who experience what you are just now, it's such a shame it's still a taboo to talk about

thanks girlies, i feel such a twat :sad:

love u all xxx

Don't be daft! Xxx

Everything you're experiencing is totally normal. I've been on sertraline for 2 years now and it was the best thing I did! It takes a little while to kick in (for me took 3 weeks) but once it does you'll feel normal again xx

Are you a doc too?

no we didn't go through side effects, but he is a lovely doc (hes the best on on the clinic.)

I dont feel as anxious today so far but lets wait and see but i feel a bit floaty like every know and then stuff is in slow motion for a sec or 2 then my brain gets zapped and i forget what i was doing!! weird

Not a doc Claire, I'm a Psyche Nurse. Please, please take your meds as prescribed by your professional. If you feel you are not getting on with the regime then make another appointment to discuss it rather than winging it with times etc. I can't stress this enough.

Not a doc Claire, I'm a Psyche Nurse. Please, please take your meds as prescribed by your professional. If you feel you are not getting on with the regime then make another appointment to discuss it rather than winging it with times etc. I can't stress this enough.

I will don't worry x

Hi, I've been on sertraline, personally I didn't like them, I put on so much weight and didn't feel better. BUT... I have friends on them who are fine! My point is if you don't feel better in a few months then go back to docs. I'm on lofepramine now and was a few years back after PND. I have struggled to even speak a word to clients without crying somedays earlier on this year. Most know of my problems and are accepting of them, they also open up to me about similar things because they know I understand. I have many clients now who are friends. Theres no harm in telling clients how u feel but don't forget to pay them some attention too, sometimes talking about there things can distract you anyway. I would say the sertraline kicks I after 3-4 weeks. Hang on in there!! You will improve soon!! Chin up and tits out a friend always said to me!!
I know what its like being alone with kids, if u want a chat feel free to pm me :)

My husband is going through a bout of depression & has just been prescribed sertraline. He will take his first one tonight & will need to go bk to docs in 2 weeks

Oh my god Claire , I've just seen this thread....are you ok?? You know where I am if you need anything x

Take what you've been prescribed as directed and give it a chance. If you're really not getting on with them (write everything down!) go back and explain. They can try something else. It's like the contraceptive pill - it might take a while the find the one that suits you best, everyone's different, but if your GP is working with you, you'll find the right one.

Hang in there, hun *hugs*

Good advice re meds. Serotonin based meds may keep you awake, so chopping and changing times you take them can be counterproductive.
Speak to your GP via phone consultation, takes very little time, and he/she, can be looking at your notes/medication/etc whilst you're talking to him/her. I'm on one of my "not sleeping" cycles. I take 40mgs Citalopram am and 50mgs Clomipramine pm. Some days are better than others. Sending you a big hug. :hug: Hopefully things will improve before too long. X

I took my first anti-depressant when I was 16 and I'm turning 31 this week (wow I've just made myself feel old). From what I've learnt is that some GPs will take genuine interest in helping you and refer you to other professionals if medication isn't the key, and then there's doctors who will sell you medication the minute you show signs of unhappiness. And so if you're not happy with the advice your doctor has given to you, get a second opinion from another doctor. I've tried all sorts of anti-depressants and I always knew that medication wasn't for me. Not that I'm saying taking medication doesn't work. Like someone's mentioned before, everyone experiences depression differently. I knew my problems were rooted deeper than imagined and found CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) to be my key to recovery. PS. Fluoxetine was giving me heartburns for a while so I stopped taking them and under psychologist instructions, monitored my emotions and behaviour for any big changes. Since then I haven't taken any more medication.

I still use a thought record every now and then when I feel low. There's app you can buy where it makes it easier to complete. Essentially you're recording the negative thought down and convincing yourself why that thought is fact or fiction through evidence. So if say you're feeling like a failure, its finding facts that prove you are and evidence to support you arent , and what generally happens is that you end up with more evidence that goes against your negative thought. I know its hard but every time you have a negative thought, write it down and challenge it. Remember everyday is a new day. :)

Thanks for the advice Geeks.

I had a bad day yesterday, but today has been better.

I'm finding that the sleeping tablets, whilst help me get off to sleep make me feel like crap the following day but i need them cos the antidepressants keep me awake.

So now I'm used to the anti-depressants I'm going to take them in the morning instead, i know someone said dont chop and change but if i can't get on with them during the day again then I'll go back and speak to my doc.

I'm looking forward to getting my electric file & training and Professional Beauty London, so trying to keep positive (although some days it aint happening)

:Love:

Hi Claire

I'be been taking the same meds now for 3 months due to suffering post traumatic stress after being attacked in sept on my way home from work.

The first few weeks were hell, but now it got a lot better but I still have my off days though and suffer from restlessness and sleep a lot now and again but its keeps me going and able to face the world :-D

You took two! Wow. I was still zonked on half a tab. I think with anything, you'll get used to it. I'm on fluoxetine (Prozac type) and no side effects but when I was on citralopram I was rattling, similar to what you are describing.

I was the same! Was put on citralopram and felt awful! Had nasty side effects including feeling suicidal! I was only on them for a week and had to stop. I was then put on fluoxetine and was fine. Came off them last year as was feeling better but it's all starting to come back :-( x

It's amazing when you realise how many people experience the same feelings as you do x

Latest posts

Back