iMix polish mixer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Hi!
I have just seen on the sweetsquared Facebook page that they have launched a gel & polish mixer. It looks really good & works with any gel or polish, mixing them with magnets to get rid of thickening & separating.
Not a bad price, just wondered if anyone has invested or would be looking to invest in one of them I would be interested to hear people’s opinions before buying myself.
I feel I can never shake bottles properly & handy to have them mixing whilst prepping the nail. Wondering if the mixer would be suitable for mobile use? 🧐

£55! Nope!

I know techs who use tattoo ink shaking machines, I don't know if they have the magnetic bits and pieces but they're half the price.

I thought Shellac was supposed to be rolled not shaken or bubbles occur, that's certainly the way I was trained.

£55! Nope!

I know techs who use tattoo ink shaking machines, I don't know if they have the magnetic bits and pieces but they're half the price.

I thought Shellac was supposed to be rolled not shaken or bubbles occur, that's certainly the way I was trained.
Haven’t heard of the other machines, are they small enough for mobile use do you know?
I thought that too about shellac but as I use another gel brand that can be shaken I thought it would be a good idea.

Haven’t heard of the other machines, are they small enough for mobile use do you know?
I thought that too about shellac but as I use another gel brand that can be shaken I thought it would be a good idea.

I finally got to see an animation of how it works, the bead you drop in seems to spin round inside the bottle with the metal beads already in it so it's not shaking, it is 'mixing'. On that basis it'll be fine for Shellac.

I can't imagine how messy it would be to getb it back out or if you need one for a each bottle 🤔

I think it's too expensive, certainly for my budget, and definitely at this point in time. I suspect their selling point will be that its cheaper than buying new product.

I've only seen photos but they look about the size of a mug I suppose. Google tattoo ink shaker

I finally got to see an animation of how it works, the bead you drop in seems to spin round inside the bottle with the metal beads already in it so it's not shaking, it is 'mixing'. On that basis it'll be fine for Shellac.

I can't imagine how messy it would be to getb it back out or if you need one for a each bottle 🤔

I think it's too expensive, certainly for my budget, and definitely at this point in time. I suspect their selling point will be that its cheaper than buying new product.
I had a quick peek & it comes with 10 beads & you can buy replacements. Just lift it out & pop in a new bottle of same colour or drop in acetone to clean it.
I will definitely have a look at the tattoo ink machines. Not sure if they would be too noisy to use when with a client, the S2 machine sounds as if it would be pretty quiet.
I agree it is pretty steep pricewise at the moment but as you said, probably cheaper than buying new polishes/gels!

Does it come with some form of removing tool? I make enough mess cleaning the bristle stem of a polish when they get overloaded, etc.
Same here! I’m sure I saw that it comes with a much needed tool to remove the bead.

I bought one. It's very small and pretty much silent (though I personally can hear a small buzzing sound, like on one of those cat and dog repelling machines) and, now that I've switched the lights off, it sits unobtrusively on my desk. So far so good!

I got it because a) i can feel my hands and wrists getting tender, and b) it's going to be an absolute nightmare trying to properly mix all the polishes that have been sat, untouched, for a year. I got the 10 mixers that come with the product and ordered another 50 so that I could mix them all as quickly as possible. Some of the creamier polishes that are less well used anyway are getting a double run through, just to ensure that they're thoroughly mixed - and it mixes fabulously! Colours that I would previously have to put a dotting tool or something in and try to mix up that way are rendered like new.

I processed in a batch of 60 and then set about taking the beads out of my least popular colours. This is where it fell apart for me personally. It was a slow process trying to remove the ball bearings from the mixers as they are such strong magnets (which is why it mixes so well!). And I seemed to lose a decent bit of product. If I removed them every time I used the product, I'd be willing to bet that I'd lose at least one application in the bottle. Which costs more than the cost of each mixer.

So I've purchased another 100 mixers to stay in each bottle. I am a small one-man band and don't have the 400+ polishes that some salons have so it wasn't as eye watering as it may have been for some. And it will ensure polishes are properly mixed before use, and so will provide the correct amount of applications, rather than having to suffer through a thickened polish.

20210303_171857.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-191149_Gallery.jpg

This bottle of vinylux is like new.

I would not personally consider purchasing if I were a consumer. It's far too much money for something that wouldn't be in my daily use in my private life.

Yes it is half the size of a mug. Costs about $50. Works fantastic. Amazon sells them. For tattoo ink or nail polishes. Set bottle on top, press and hold down... presto 4000 shakes a minute. Polishes are smooth as silk!

This is where it fell apart for me personally. It was a slow process trying to remove the ball bearings from the mixers as they are such strong magnets (which is why it mixes so well!). And I seemed to lose a decent bit of product. If I removed them every time I used the product, I'd be willing to bet that I'd lose at least one application in the bottle.

Thanks for the honest review 👍

Getting them out was my second concern after the price. I watched a video of FingerNailFixer getting hers out, it looked like a faff, she kind of slid the tool up the side of the bottle (on the outside) then they popped out on to the tool when she reached the neck. I suspect its a practice thing and with patience most of the product would drip off on the way up and out.

Probably easier to get them out of a virtually empty bottle, and if you can mix even the dregs then ultimately it's cost effective.

I still don't have £50 to spend right now 🤪

I bought one. It's very small and pretty much silent (though I personally can hear a small buzzing sound, like on one of those cat and dog repelling machines) and, now that I've switched the lights off, it sits unobtrusively on my desk. So far so good!

I got it because a) i can feel my hands and wrists getting tender, and b) it's going to be an absolute nightmare trying to properly mix all the polishes that have been sat, untouched, for a year. I got the 10 mixers that come with the product and ordered another 50 so that I could mix them all as quickly as possible. Some of the creamier polishes that are less well used anyway are getting a double run through, just to ensure that they're thoroughly mixed - and it mixes fabulously! Colours that I would previously have to put a dotting tool or something in and try to mix up that way are rendered like new.

I processed in a batch of 60 and then set about taking the beads out of my least popular colours. This is where it fell apart for me personally. It was a slow process trying to remove the ball bearings from the mixers as they are such strong magnets (which is why it mixes so well!). And I seemed to lose a decent bit of product. If I removed them every time I used the product, I'd be willing to bet that I'd lose at least one application in the bottle. Which costs more than the cost of each mixer.

So I've purchased another 100 mixers to stay in each bottle. I am a small one-man band and don't have the 400+ polishes that some salons have so it wasn't as eye watering as it may have been for some. And it will ensure polishes are properly mixed before use, and so will provide the correct amount of applications, rather than having to suffer through a thickened polish.

View attachment 211996

View attachment 211997

This bottle of vinylux is like new.

I would not personally consider purchasing if I were a consumer. It's far too much money for something that wouldn't be in my daily use in my private life.
Thankyou so much for your review!
It’s good to know that it really does the job & the pictures prove that too.
Now to see if my budget can allow it.

Yes it is half the size of a mug. Costs about $50. Works fantastic. Amazon sells them. For tattoo ink or nail polishes. Set bottle on top, press and hold down... presto 4000 shakes a minute. Polishes are smooth as silk!
Thankyou, will be looking into these as well.

Getting them out was my second concern after the price. I watched a video of FingerNailFixer getting hers out, it looked like a faff, she kind of slid the tool up the side of the bottle (on the outside) then they popped out on to the tool when she reached the neck. I suspect its a practice thing and with patience most of the product would drip off on the way up and out.

Probably easier to get them out of a virtually empty bottle, and if you can mix even the dregs then ultimately it's cost effective.

This is my worry too, don’t have time to be faffing around with beads but as you say, with practice might get better.
Still expensive though,

Yes, getting them out took me a bit of time and, while I know it would get easier with practice, my concern is that if I lose the same amount of product with each removal, I'll lose at least an application over the course of the bottle. And that costs more than the mixers!

I've spent about three times that when you factor in the mixers I've bought. So it's definitely not an insignificant purchase!

Things will get better 🙏🏻

Thankyou so much for your review!
It’s good to know that it really does the job & the pictures prove that too.
Now to see if my budget can allow it.

Thankyou, will be looking into these as well.

This is my worry too, don’t have time to be faffing around with beads but as you say, with practice might get better.
Still expensive though,
No worries :) Remember to factor in the cost of the mixers as well.

These bottles of polish have not been used. It's the same for all the bottles that I am opening. The bent ones are still able to polish, but I've not yet tried with the split ones. I imagine that will make our job harder.

The newer style brushes have split since using the imix, and the older style ones are bent.

I am distraught.

20210412_003014.jpg20210412_003029.jpg20210412_003041.jpg

These bottles of polish have not been used. It's the same for all the bottles that I am opening. The bent ones are still able to polish, but I've not yet tried with the split ones. I imagine that will make our job harder.

The newer style brushes have split since using the imix, and the older style ones are bent.

I am distraught.

View attachment 212198View attachment 212199View attachment 212200

Yikes! You must be gutted 😔 I'm guessing you'll be calling S2 for some advice, hopefully they'll have some suggestions for sorting the brushes. They're not hair like the Kolinski Sable acrylic brushes but maybe dunking them in hot water and reshaping with your fingers will help. It's a faff to have to do them all.

Let us know an update 🤗

I am distraught.

Oh no, i’m so sorry to hear that. You must be gutted!
Definitely contact S2 & see what they say. Fingers crossed you get some answers

I am distraught.

@linzi I'm not sure if you are a member of Marian Newman's FB lockdown group but she's doing a live today about the iMix, you might get some support there

Hi lovley, Ive been having these issues as well and S2 got in touch with me through Facebook. You need to slightly loosen the lid when your mixing the polishes, then when its done to tap the side of the imixer with your bottle as it moves the magnet away from the centre and the brushes.. Hope this makes sense. x

Latest posts

Back