Immune to fake tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Ruby

Reaction score
I think this question may have been asked before but i am in desperate help so i have to ask!! Can you become immune to fake tan?? it is no longer taking to my legs!! :-( i have tried everything, spray tans, mousse/cream application tans ..the lot!! The day after i apply it i wake up and my legs are lovely and brown, i jump in the shower and once i step out my legs are back to there original colour!! However the tan has taken to the rest of my body. It is so annoying especially for nights out, i end up having to not have a shower and go out with the guide colour still on so my legs actually look tanned and the same colour to the rest of my body!!

So my question is.. Is it possible for parts of your body to become immune to fake tan, or im guessing the DHA which is in the tan? I have been tanning for nearly 6 years with no problems, this has only recently been a problem and its very frustrating!! I am not on any medication and i am not using any moisturisers or anything that could affect the tan, I have been doing it the same i have been for 6 years, it just no longer seems to work!! Please help!

I think this question may have been asked before but i am in desperate help so i have to ask!! Can you become immune to fake tan?? it is no longer taking to my legs!! :-( i have tried everything, spray tans, mousse/cream application tans ..the lot!! The day after i apply it i wake up and my legs are lovely and brown, i jump in the shower and once i step out my legs are back to there original colour!! However the tan has taken to the rest of my body. It is so annoying especially for nights out, i end up having to not have a shower and go out with the guide colour still on so my legs actually look tanned and the same colour to the rest of my body!!

So my question is.. Is it possible for parts of your body to become immune to fake tan, or im guessing the DHA which is in the tan? I have been tanning for nearly 6 years with no problems, this has only recently been a problem and its very frustrating!! I am not on any medication and i am not using any moisturisers or anything that could affect the tan, I have been doing it the same i have been for 6 years, it just no longer seems to work!! Please help!

I was told you can over time in my training , and that your body can only absorb so much.
There will be alot of different opinions on this. My legs always go lighter sooner , have you tried sprayin your legs with a darker colour?
Ive only been tanning aprox 18months but i have used fake tan for years, i deff find im not going as dark as i used to.
Tan never takes very well at TOM , and there are a number of other factors that can contribute as you know.
But i was told by my trainer that your skin can become less resilient to tan. Ive researched this before and some say its not true........proof is in the pudding as they say.....if your experience it for your self .
Maybe take a break from a tan for a month or two and see what happens , maybe the constant build up of tan causes a barrier on our skin that we can not see, causing the lighter apperance

A couple of my clients find that their legs dont tan as well as the rest of their body, so I spray twice. It then matches the rest the next day.

As maisymouse says I always tan legs twice.

I also find in winter my tan never goes as dark I suppose because you get hardly any sun exposure so no base colour.

Every so often I have a complete break from tan just to give my skin a breather and to not become immune to it, I find the same with a lot of beauty products sometimes they just stop doing their job so need to change or have a break for a while.

I spray 3times the whole body !!

There has been posts on this before, if you do a search they should come up.

I have the same problem! I can get away with a 12% spray, but anything out of a bottle just doesn't change me at all. So so annoying and i really believe in fake tan and am always promoting it because we all know the long term damage a sun bed can cause.

I find that changing solutions/percentages every so often helps because your not letting yourself get used to one certain type.

xx

thankyou ladies for your replies!! i will try spray tanning my legs a second time when spray tanning and see if this helps! x

thankyou ladies for your replies!! i will try spray tanning my legs a second time when spray tanning and see if this helps! x
Did it help? I feel like a part of my arms got the same problemmm what helped the best for you?❤️

Latest posts

Back