Import and distribution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axiom

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm looking for recommendations on a good place to start researching into the importation of beauty products (specifically depilatory waxing products, from the USA and EU) - info on regulations/legislation, things to be aware of with shipping, potential pitfalls, tax issues, general advice, etc. I've done some very basic background reading but it's frazzled my mind somewhat with just how much information is out there!

I know it's a huge area and I'm quite prepared to sit down and slog my way through all the necessary reading and paperwork, but any pointers to a good website, forum or books on the subject would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Andy

maybe pm geeg hun as she started designer nails up and although i know its different stock , i am sure it will be the same sort of procedure .
either that or she will be able to point you in the right direction of maybe a the relevent websites on laws etc...
probably not much help i know but i cant really think of anyone else , :lol:

Hi Geeks,

I'm looking for recommendations on a good place to start researching into the importation of beauty products (specifically depilatory waxing products, from the USA and EU) - info on regulations/legislation, things to be aware of with shipping, potential pitfalls, tax issues, general advice, etc. I've done some very basic background reading but it's frazzled my mind somewhat with just how much information is out there!

I know it's a huge area and I'm quite prepared to sit down and slog my way through all the necessary reading and paperwork, but any pointers to a good website, forum or books on the subject would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Andy

would the customs and excise web site have anything on andy /

Hi try googling business link their website has all info that may be able to help xx

Ready and waiting to place my 1st order Andy xx:hug:

Thanks Geeks, great ideas all round. Much appreciated! :hug:

P.S. Angela - you are officially my first customer, lol :wink2:

is there a certain brand you have in mind or are you still researching?

Have you approached the company direct? Maybe arranged to fly out and meet them and hack a deal out?

Is it the import/export thing your not sure on? Ring Customs and Excise as it was mentioned earlier or.....try dhl/fedex/ups they maybe able to give more advice as to not only shipping costs but vat/duty etc etc

hey:hug::hug::hug::hug:GOOD LUCK babes

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

is there a certain brand you have in mind or are you still researching?

Have you approached the company direct? Maybe arranged to fly out and meet them and hack a deal out?

Is it the import/export thing your not sure on? Ring Customs and Excise as it was mentioned earlier or.....try dhl/fedex/ups they maybe able to give more advice as to not only shipping costs but vat/duty etc etc

hey:hug::hug::hug::hug:GOOD LUCK babes

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Amb - it's a particular brand that I've been working with recently and there is a possibility of a distribution deal tied in with some education. I'm hoping to fly out early next year to visit the head office in USA, but the product is actually manufactured in the EU which I believe is easier to import/export within.

It's the whole import/export side of things that I'm a bit lost on, although I have downloaded an info pack from the Customs site that Angel Fingers suggested and it's going to be my bedtime reading for the rest of the week, lol.

Good idea about contacting carriers, thanks, that's going on my "to do" list! :D

It may all come to nothing, but I love the product and it fits perfectly with how I want to progress my work, so I guess there's no harm in exploring the possibilities.

Thanks again :hug: xx

P.S. See you very soon!!

Hi Andy

If you want to give me a call I will gladly help where I can and point you in the right direction as it can be an absolute nightmare with customs, freight forwarders etc and if I can help relieve you of any headaches along the way then I'll do my best!

Mandy x
07796 261429

Thanks Amb - it's a particular brand that I've been working with recently and there is a possibility of a distribution deal tied in with some education. I'm hoping to fly out early next year to visit the head office in USA, but the product is actually manufactured in the EU which I believe is easier to import/export within.

It's the whole import/export side of things that I'm a bit lost on, although I have downloaded an info pack from the Customs site that Angel Fingers suggested and it's going to be my bedtime reading for the rest of the week, lol.

Good idea about contacting carriers, thanks, that's going on my "to do" list! :D

It may all come to nothing, but I love the product and it fits perfectly with how I want to progress my work, so I guess there's no harm in exploring the possibilities.

Thanks again :hug: xx

P.S. See you very soon!!

i think if its imported from inside the eu then we dont pay import duty ?
have fun with your bedtime reading:lol:

Hi Andy

If you want to give me a call I will gladly help where I can and point you in the right direction as it can be an absolute nightmare with customs, freight forwarders etc and if I can help relieve you of any headaches along the way then I'll do my best!

Mandy x
07796 261429

I missed this on Friday, sorry Mandy, you're a star - thank you so much, I'll give you a ring on Monday!

i think if its imported from inside the eu then we dont pay import duty ?
have fun with your bedtime reading:lol:

Lol, it certainly makes for good bedtime reading, thanks for pointing me in the right direction though - looks like keeping things within the EU is so much easier than importing from overseas from what I've read so far.

Thanks Geeks for all your help and advice, I'll let you know how it all goes! :hug:

Latest posts

Back