In agony please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren121

Reaction score
Hi guys as some of you regulars know, as I've mentioned it in other posts, I've got coeliac disease.

I'm just coming to terms with it and now I'm trying as much as possible to stick to a gluten free diet. But it's very very hard!

So one common side effect piles (sorry if too much info) I've had colonoscopy and removal and they've said try and not get bunged up.

Now this is the problem if I stick to a gluten free diet I'm in agony with my stomach bloated and I can't go. If I eat gluten I can go multiple times a day.

I'm in a catch 22 situation cos either way it's effecting my stomach but now I can't sleep because I'm that bloated! They have give me lactolose I think it's called but that's not worked. I've tried all my usual things that set me off and it's not working but I'm thinking this is because of the general anaesthetic I've had.

I've drunk out of date hot chocolate and everything!

So someone help me please and tell me a good laxative or something cos I'm going insane at this moment in time!

And sorry for too much info but I can't be the only one [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470960470.026376.jpg

This is my size 8 stomach and it's bloated that much my old size 14 jeans won't even fasten over it [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26] I'm in agony with I am up for trying anything guys! Xx

Last edited:
You poor thing...I don't know what else you can do...eat prunes and drink lots? Freshly squeezed orange juice and a good coffee get me going! My son gets constipated sometimes and I press the pressure point for constipation and he's on the loo within minutes!! Hope you get sorted soon...heard bananas clog you up so maybe don't eat them...good luck xxx

You poor thing...I don't know what else you can do...eat prunes and drink lots? Freshly squeezed orange juice and a good coffee get me going! My son gets constipated sometimes and I press the pressure point for constipation and he's on the loo within minutes!! Hope you get sorted soon...heard bananas clog you up so maybe don't eat them...good luck xxx
I hate bananas so we are okay on that front! It's horrible I would rather be the otherway round and not be able to get of the toilet than not be able to go! I've had an hours sleep because of it! :( x

Have you tried mineral oil? It tastes gross but works within seconds. About 3 tbsp for adults and you're good to go (sorry for the pun!). Also make sure your getting a good amount of fiber in your diet. You can try those fiber drinks if anything

I used Dulcolax pico perles as
I was on a Very Low Calorie Diet and had horrific constipation and there were great. No unpleasant side effects but they worked but they appear to have been discontinued in the uk!
There is normal Dulcolax but I haven't tried it.
Can you see your GP for a prescription as I know regular use of laxatives isn't good X

I used Dulcolax pico perles as
I was on a Very Low Calorie Diet and had horrific constipation and there were great. No unpleasant side effects but they worked but they appear to have been discontinued in the uk!
There is normal Dulcolax but I haven't tried it.
Can you see your GP for a prescription as I know regular use of laxatives isn't good X
I got lactulose on prescription from the hospital says it takes 2-3 days to kick in! Luckily I've managed to sleep and my stomach isn't as bloated as it was last night! I think I felt worse as I hadn't slept! I've taken more doses than I should of had but I've had movement but still not been so I'm hoping it will work tonight! Thanks for all the advice girls! X

After an op and painkillers which made him severely constipated, hubs was in agony all night with it, horrendous. Nurse brought round Movicol (available in boots etc) in sachets, well they worked unbelievably and really quickly. X

Last edited:
Thanks @blossom ive been fine during day now I've got in bed its started hurting again but I've just taken some tablets so hopefully they will kick in soon! Ive never ever had pain like this before after general! And I've had 5 this year!

You don't eat veggies do you? That'll definitely help!!

But avoid gaseous ones (usually green veg). It sets bloats my sister who had IBS. And reknowned for bloating.

I've had fibrogel before. And had positive affects from it. (Going but not too quickly!) it tastes ok. Once you get over the grittiness at the bottom.

Drink HEAPS of water, ie 2-3 litres. along with fresh fruit and veg. Also, hot water with a squeeze of lemon helps

No I only eat peas and broccoli @Grace_Hair the pain has eased of now so I feel okay but I'm doing everything you've all suggested! Thanks girls x

Poor Lauren, glad it's eased off x

Lactulose is really good you can adjust the dose to suit you unfortunately you just need to wait for it to kick in not that that helps you now. Senokot tablets (over the counter) are good aswell they work much quicker aswell and I'm sure they do a herbal one too x hope you feel better xxx

We have something in Ireland similar to Lactulose called movicol. It is meant to be very good. Not sure if it is available in the UK.

We have something in Ireland similar to Lactulose called movicol. It is meant to be very good. Not sure if it is available in the UK.
It is, it's wonderful stuff

I have colitis so totally understand being bunged up I am always bloated and bunged up! Kiwi fruits are great - eat 2 a day with the skins on. Also ground linseed added to foods is great (not sure if they r gluten free you'd need to check but I would think they are) and lots of water. Also peppermint tea for bloating is great. Hope you get some relief soon xx

When I was vegan I found that I would lose all bloating. I'm not saying go vegan. But I think the amounts of melons,kiwi fruits and banana smoothies helped me a lot. I have a very irritated digestive system and plant based foods helped me avoid a lot of gluten and lactose. But your body usually will let you know if your diet is beneficial or not. And this is just something that helped me.

I find foods that make me bloated are;
- takeouts
- anything with dairy
- red meat
- junkfood

Foods that help me are;
- Water based fruits (melons, etc)
- Citrus
- Kiwi fruits
- Berries
- Banana smoothies (as many bananas that fit in my blender cup, agarve syrup/coconut sugar, soy milk)
- Water
- Rice
- Quinoa
- Cous cous

But these will also make you poop. Just a few little ideas for you.

edit; You could also try looking into the FODMAP diet.

All back to normal working order now! 5th surgery this year and have to say I have never experienced that side effect from GA ever!

Thanks for all your tips girls xx

Latest posts

Back